Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi everyone...

This is just a post to say that I'm leaving this site. It is nothing that you guys have done! It's just that i'm starting to get over my phobia now. I feel like i'm on the road to recovery and one of the things that is holding me back is that I'm on here a lot.

This weekend, I went away with my church youth group and my worship leader showed me some verses (Romans 8:15-16, Isaiah 41:10, Psalm 23:4)that really spoke out to me. I now know who I needed to put my trust into in the first place.

Unless I have a major setback, I don't think i'll return to this site for a long time. You guys have been with me through so much and I feel humbled to have been with you for nearly 2 years now! You are all amazing and I so pray that you will all find a root of getting rid of this phobia! Youve all been amazing!

God Bless you all, Christof
    ISAIAH 41:10

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm gla dyou are doing better! We will miss you but you have to do what you have to do for yourself. Good luck to you and if you ever want to come and update us or need help please do!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

I'll miss you too. I've noticed myself that if I'm not on here a lot, my phobia is much better, and it doesn't bother me as much. I've moved to Florida (over a thousand miles away from home and family), and I've been going out and doing different things. My anxiety hasn't bothered me once since I've gotten here except for stupid fights with my husband. I still come on here to try to help others if I can. One thing I did learn while I was fighting with my husband is that life is too short. I can't be worrying about this all of the time and holding back from doing things. I remember being 20 like it was yesterday and now I'm going on 30 this year, and I've missed so much, but that's not going to happen anymore. I've been having so much fun lately. I'm glad you are doing better. Take Care. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

All the best to you, Chris! I'm glad you're doing so well. This is great news for you!!!
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

I think that it is great that you are doing so well. I am in therapy right now with a Christian counselor. Maybe by the end of my therapy, I will consider myself cured.

Here is a verse she had me read during my first sesion.

Psalm 139:16 Your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

My therapist was trying to make me see that I could spend all my days worrying about "V" and other illness, but that God already knew what was going to happen to me EVERYDAY of my life, and that he would be there to guide me through it, so why should I spend my days worrying?

Thought I would share that with you. I hope you continue to do so well.

I enjoy coming to this site and helping other ppl and getting help myself, although I admit at times, it does make my phobia a little worse. I just dont have anyone else in my life that understands this phobia so I guess I depend on ppl being on this site that DO understand.

hey Chris,

best wishes to you mate! i'll tstill be round on MSN... IM me if ya like, dont have to talk about emet at all if thats what u want... but at the same time, i'd understand if simply tlking to me will be unhelpful.... blah im rambling.

just, tke care,

Jen xxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:

I think that is why this site exist, so that you can feel comfort and support when going through rough patches and when life and phobia feels better you leave to stand on your own two feet. Come back if you feel down again but lets not hope that will happen. A life without this phobia is what all of us want´s and sometimes your fear lingers if you stay here.

Good luck and love//sthlm
    eh!!

Glad to hear you are doing better Chris! Its been great having you on here. I hope things keep going well, and that the emet monster stays far away! I too have not been on as much as before, and my phobia has definately declined which is good. I still like to come on tho and give support when needed and such. Best of luck in the future for you Chris.

Good for you!! Best of luck, God bless you and take care!!</span>

Do what your heart tells you to-- even when your fears tell you not to.

You are alive....so live.

hey Chris its great to c a post from u,haven't seen u for a while.............I am so pleased things have been going well and that u will become stronger as u venture on in your life....u are a very determined guy and i know u will make it.....keep strong and never hesitate to come back if u need us...

take care Vicky x

Bon Voyage, and all the best for the future!

Sonia

Hey Chris!

I am so happy for you that things are going really well!! I hope that you don't need to come here for a VERY long time (not that I don't want to see you here, but because it means that things are going well! [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]) Those verses are awesome. Keep your trust in God and you will be able to get through anything!! Take care!

Danielle