Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: worried

Im really worried, my ex-bf told me a couple of hours ago that he has v* this evening. Now im really scared as I kissed him lots yesterday (thats an entirely different story). He says its because he got really worked up about something and that he has v* before when he gets really worked up. He has told me the situation but Im wondering how that is so bad it would make you V*. It is also possible he has said that to try and make me feel sorry for him, as i know how upset he would have to be for it to happen so it spossible he didnt v* at all. he says its not a bug and just cos he was upset but i dont believe him

I feel really nauseous and worried now. Been crying for the last 3hours cos im so upset (not just cos he v* but cos of the situation that upset him)

dont worry about it you won't get what he has from kissing him
    yesterday...the person is only contagious after the onset of symptoms..so
    theres nothing to worry about...
    \"Some things I cannot change
    But till I try I\'ll never know
    Too long I\'ve been afraid\"

Aim/aol: baseballplaya123

i was with him about 2 hours before the alledged incident and he seemed fine. I dont think he would have been covering up if he felt ill to prevent me worrying, he is not that sensitive

dont worry he wasnt sick when you were with him its ok i was with a
    friend shared food with him about an hour before he started v'ing and i
    never got sick ull be fine
    \"Some things I cannot change
    But till I try I\'ll never know
    Too long I\'ve been afraid\"

Aim/aol: baseballplaya123

I have a really bad cold at the moment, i expect i just feel nauseous from that, the fact ive hardly eaten all day, being tired and upset and general anxiety.

Thanks for your replies. I think im porbably more upset about whats happened than him actually v*.

not to make you feel bad, but I really don't think any of us would be the right people to decide if something is bad or not as far as getting worked up.

I'm glad you're feeling better about him possible getting sick. Hope whatever it was that upset him so is resolved soon!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

He was upset because his flatmates went to the pub and didnt invite him, which is why I couldnt see how he had got so upset, he was taking it out on me too. Im still nervous about getting ill, im trying to eat something at the moment but im shaking like mad.

He has upset me so much and made me feel completely worthless but he doesnt seem to give a sh*t about me, just his flatmates who treat him really bad.

EW!! in that case then he should kiss off. that's messed up. sounds like an alcoholic to me.that should never be a reason to get soo worked up you hurl. he sounds like the kinda guy that could get abusive

nicki try not
    to worry. i am sorry that your ex bf is upsetting you
    again. from what i remember you two did not have a relationship
    that made you feel good and i'm just upset that even though you are
    broke up he is still hurting you. since you kissed him before the
    onset of symptoms, i would try not to worry. i know you won't be
    able to completely stop worrying, but try your best. it is
    unlikely you will be ill. hope you're feeling much better soon.

beth

</span>

Do what your heart tells you to-- even when your fears tell you not to.

You are alive....so live.

Think he was more bothered about the fact that they had gone out without him rather than it being to the pub specifcally, he hardly drinks anyway, I think it was just the principle of it.

I spent all evening talking to him about why he felt so crap about it, i can kind of see why he is annoyed about it but its not the first time its happened, its a good few times a week. Im the only one who genuinely cares about him, he always says he has noone and nowehere to go yet he knows he is always welcome here. I feel like i dont mean a thing to him even as a friend, whcih i know i shouldnt let that get to me but it does. We split up because when he first moved in with them, he spent all the time getting to know them rather than seeing me at all, and now the only time i see him is when he has fallen out with them. I know it sounds pathetic and stupid but it has really got to me, he was talking to me tonight but i know that tomorrow they will apologise and ill get dropped again.

It sounds to me like he wants the best of both worlds. He was more than happy to ignore your needs when he had new friends to go out with and now that they've stopped asking, he wants to pick up with you again from where he left off... no way mate, you deserve better than that. I know it's hard but you've got to be strong, tell him you're more than happy to help him as a mate, but if he wants any more than that he can take a hike. If it's too hard to see him just as a mate then don't see him at all.

i
    tend to agree with helsbels. sounds like this guy just makes
    things harder on you, and makes it harder for you to feel good about
    yourself. </span></span>

Do what your heart tells you to-- even when your fears tell you not to.

You are alive....so live.