Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default OMG the most bizarre thing just happened to me!!! Non-emet related

OMFG the most bizarre thing just happened to me!!!!!!
    Someone had knocked on the door this morning but I don't answer unless I expect you. This happened the other day too. A few minutes later I look into my backyard & there are four people loading my son's playset (which is in pieces still) onto a truck!!! I ran out & asked what they were doing & they looked at me like I was the crazy one saying they saw it on Craigslist. I said "was THIS the address listed?" to which they replied "it didn't have an address. It said (name of my town) & said it had a blue slide & it was in pieces" OMG so you just ASSUMED this was it and you would just TAKE it??? The lady said "we knocked a bunch of times" I said "you knocked once and I don't answer when I'm by myself because I have a two year old in the house" Then the guy said "well do you want it?" I said "YES WE WANT IT!!" Then they just stood there dumbfounded like they didn't know what to do. How about put the playset back and LEAVE? Who would just assume something like that??? Omg I'm so glad I was home and caught them or my son's playset would have been GONE!
    I'm still in shock! Why, if you haven't come in contact with the person giving the item away, would you just TAKE it??? If someone is giving something away for free on craigslist, they list the address! Or you contact them and find out WHERE you can pick it up!! I was really nice to these people but I really wanted to say "are you f***ing idiots??? There are three adults and one teenager standing in my yard. I would think between the four of you, you'd have at least half a brain!" Jesus!
    And my Mom suggested they were stealing it and just made up that story but I know that's not the case. They wouldn't have knocked if they were going to steal it! Lol

Default Re: OMG the most bizarre thing just happened to me!!! Non-emet related

I dunno...they might have knocked, thought no-one was in, and that they could therefore get away with taking it! It depends how big your town is...if there are a lot of houses, the chances of them looking around the whole town to find the playset are pretty slim. Very weird though. Thoughtless people, either way!

I'd get in touch with Craigslist and get them to take the advert down or put a correct set of contact details with it in case it happens again. How cheeky though, like you say, imagine if you'd not been home!

i think they were making it up as well! wow. do you have neighbours close by? be very careful i that happens agai. do you have a dog? my parents lived in a dangerous area whe we were kids and all kinds of stuff go knocked off in the backyard. we got a dog and it stopped happening
    No passion so effectively robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.