Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Stomach ache

Unhappy Stomach ache

Hey folks.

So i woke up in the early morning with a really painful stomach ache, i had one last night also but i thought i'd gotten it under control by the time i went to bed.

So i start to panic really fast because to me, if i have a stomach ache, that could mean i will be sick. As opposed to just feeling anxious sick and have my body be fine.

So i did some sudoku's and breathed and fell asleep again for a bit, successfully sleeping through my alarm and causing me to be late for work.

I'm still coming down from this panic attack and i'm really worried the stomach ache will come back. Stomach aches scare me so much because it feels so real to getting sick.

In my case, i don't remember the last time i threw up. This phobia came to the surface about five years ago, and by then i hadn't thrown up in a few years already and i still haven't gotten sick. No matter how many times i tell myself i will be.

So one of the things that scares me the most right now is that i'm afraid i won't know when its time to get sick and i'll be stuck somewhere horrible. I'm so scared and this morning was another example of that.

Default Re: Stomach ache

I understand you completely, I had a stomach ache yesterday, thought it went away then woke up with it again today plus diarrhea. And I have to go to work in about 3 hours, and I am entirely freaking out. This probably doesn't help much, just letting you know you aren't alone.