Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question Acid reflux, IBS, and emetophobia ?!

Hey guys, just wondering if any of you have the same problems as me.
    I have countless stomach issues, from GERD to IBS to gastroparesis, and it sucks because all of these sicknesses make my stomach hurt.
    So once my stomach hurts, you all know what happens.

And I am honestly just so tired of it because my stomach always hurts, and I always freak out. like right now for instance.

Default Re: Acid reflux, IBS, and emetophobia ?!

I totally know what you mean. I suffer with IBS and gastritis which cause me to feel n* almost daily to some extent. It has got a lot better over last 10 months or so but Im still n* a lot more than the average person. Obviously I panic if its quite severe that this will be 'it' but so far so good thank God. Tonight Im feeling pretty awful-havent felt myself all day and Im terrified that Im going to v*!!

i have ibs, gastroparesis, AND emetophobia too!!! OMG pleeeeease message me! i thought i was the only person that had A.L.L. of those !

I think you'll find theres quite a few others on here that suffer from the same or similar illnesses. Do you take any medications and if so what usually works best for you? Please feel free to pm if you have any questions or problems. I think as emets its just one of the worse conditions to suffer with

I have reflux and Crohn's disease. I can usually differentiate between the different pains, so it doesn't bother me too much.

Well I have been diagnosed with acid reflux when i was in 9th grade (I am now in 12th), So i have been on different dosages of Prilosec since then. And since that didn't help all my problems, the doctors diagnosed me with IBS ( i usually only go to the bathroom like 2 times a week), and i have been changing my diet. And literally last week i was diagnosed with gastroparesis, and my doctor is going to mail me a new diet soon.

have any of you taken any medicines that have really helped ?

Quote Originally Posted by claire43 View Post
    I totally know what you mean. I suffer with IBS and gastritis which cause me to feel n* almost daily to some extent. It has got a lot better over last 10 months or so but Im still n* a lot more than the average person. Obviously I panic if its quite severe that this will be 'it' but so far so good thank God. Tonight Im feeling pretty awful-havent felt myself all day and Im terrified that Im going to v*!!
    Exactly, and im pretty sure im going through some kind of SF right now, (it's been the other end, knock on wood) but i havent eaten because im so scared !

Oh ! and i forgot to mention, my doctor also prescribed me a medicine for acid reflux/ulcers called CARAFATE, and thatttt really helped, it totally worked. I just had to stop taking it because it messed with my IBS.

For the reflux I take Gaviscon Advance, it forms a barrier over your stomach contents, and it's safe to take with some other reflux meds (though obviously please check before taking it!).

For constipation, have you tried taking fibre supplements? Or pure psyllium husks? Haven't tried them myself but I've heard good things!

Yeah i took miralax and that kinda stuff, but it literally didnt do anything !

The Human mind is so damn dangerous when we're not in control of it. I suffer from acid over-production and various associated issues due to the fact that I'm constantly anxious because of emet. Problem is, these issues feed the emet by making me think I'm really ill when I'm not.

When I have a really bad anxiety attack I get nausea and stomach cramps and if I don't calm down it can floor me for HOURS. The first time it happened I didn't know what it was so I was convinced I had noro or something so I was unable to calm down and it lasted nearly all night.

So yeah, emet can create vicious cycles, which fuel other conditions which fuel the emet which fuel the other conditions which fuel the emet...

Strannik
    "The hulking beast that is Fear incarnate will show itself when you expect it least, and every fibre of your being will demand that you turn heel and take flight. But there is another way, and if you wish a free existence it is the only way; draw your sword, raise your shield, scream your own challenge and charge! For only the blade of courage can fell Fear himself."

Wierdly, I found the opposite was true, since I have been having these stomach problems, vomiting has been a more common occurence and I can deal with it much better. Also the vomiting associated with the Crohn's is very different, I have control over when and where it happens.

But on the downside, I'm less able to deal with others vomiting, since they *should* be able to control it!

@strannik, yeah i feel the same way, i often wonder that if i wasnt an emet, if i would still have all these issues