Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: The UK X Factor

Default The UK X Factor

I don't know if anyone in the UK caught the first episode of the new X Factor last night? If you did, you will know that a woman at the side of the stage was vomiting into a bag right before she was meant to go on for her audition. I just wanted to ask what peoples reactions were to that? I found that even though she had been sick and it was done with and she was then ready to go onto the stage, I could only think about her vomiting. If you watched it you will know that it was quite a humorous audition but I didn't laugh or find it funny at all as the only things that went through my mind was "This woman has just been sick, she might do it again at any moment".

Default Re: The UK X Factor

I didn't see it. But I know what you mean. If I see vomiting on TV, it always takes away from the funnyness of the situation. I find it hard to stop thinking about it as well.

It was pretty horrible, I mean I obviously looked away but I could hear her retching and eughh, was just awful. & yeah it did take the humour away from her act completely.. well it did for me anyway, everyone else in my house thought it was hillarious!

I muted it and didn't look but I did watch her performance, if I was one of the judges I would have been so a nervous wreck because she told them she was ill then was dancing round them and touching them

Apart from the vomiting, I thought her audition was hilarious. It's amazing how others can throw up, and then continue dancing and singing as if nothing happened. If I had been a judge, and she came toward me, I would've run into the audience to avoid being touched.

I agree with both posts above, definitely looked away/turned the tv down right down! I also would of freaked out if she had touched me too.. I think poor Louis even got a kiss?! :/

I watched it and I agree with everyone completely, aside from her audition being funny I didn't laugh and all I kept saying to my friend was if she keeps jumping around she's gonna be sick again, I couldn't hardly watch and if I were a judge I wouldn't want her around me. It was disgusting that they even showed her vomiting, it isn't a nice thing to see even if you aren't fearful.

Weirdly enough it actually made me laugh a little bit, I had an initial adrenaline rush when I first saw her with the carrier bag but then when she just kept doing it, I found it a bit farcical and despite still being slightly nervous, I was able to watch it without much of a problem

Ah really? That is pretty impressive actually, for a person with this phobia to just watch it without too much of a problem is a big thing. Good for you

Quote Originally Posted by Tasha'93 View Post
    Ah really? That is pretty impressive actually, for a person with this phobia to just watch it without too much of a problem is a big thing. Good for you
    Thanks Don't get me wrong, I did still feel a bit uneasy with it but a few years back I would have been blocking my ears and screwing my eyes tight shut, so I've come a long way!

Now what I don't understand is why the even had to show her vomiting...thats inappropriate to me. Especially that it was real vomiting happening, I would have got the heebies from it.

Exactly what I mean Erica, there was no need to even show it happening.

That's really good Elskie, sounds like you've come along way indeed! - I agree with you other two aswell, it was just ridiculous that they even showed it at all, I don't see how that had anything to do with the fact she was auditioning? Ew :|

I found it absolutely disgusting! There was no reason to show it and all the retching, even non emets I were with found it yucky. She said something about it being from her medication but the fact she was kissing the judges after was just horrible!
    Susie

Quote Originally Posted by ssjj View Post
    I found it absolutely disgusting! There was no reason to show it and all the retching, even non emets I were with found it yucky. She said something about it being from her medication but the fact she was kissing the judges after was just horrible!
    Put it this way, if I was Louis I would of kicked her to the other side of the arena for that kiss :|

It really freaked me out! I had to turn over the channel immediately. It was pretty gross.