Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default mystery illness..scared! D:

okay so yesterday i walked home as usual, it was hot-ish like say 75F ? i felt fine but a lil n* while walking home. i figured it was the heat and the fact i hadnt really drank much. anyways after i got home about 2 hours after i ate i felt off. i had a HORRIBLE sinus headache on the innercorners of my eyes, above the eyes, temples and under the eyes on the face. it hurt really bad and i gave up aand took tylenol (kid kind) and took out my contacts.

later on i felt really hot like i had a fever but i couldnt find the thermometer, i felt fevery and tired and wanted to sleep but didnt. when i finnally found the thermometer i had a tempature of about 99.6 a slight fever but dissmissed it. later it got up to 100.5 and ever since last night has been fluctuating between 100.2- 102.

my head feels hot to touch and i dont have much of an appetite and sometimes light headed. i didnt go to school today and i would up sleeping like all day. i slept from basically 8am-11am and was wrapped up in two blankets with the window closed because i was cold.

a really weird thing was in my dream i was taking a shower and was falling asleep in my dream i was litterally sooo tired and my eyelids were superrrr heavy like when your passing out and trying to stay awake and you cant even keep your eyes open.

anyways i didnt know it was like 90F outside and i was still felt cold all day so kept a blanket on until i woke up kinda sweating around 1-ish,(it was like 84Fouside).so i ditched the blanket and was still sleepy and decided to sleep on the floor (i still cold and used the blanket again) i woke up around 3pm and havent slept since.

it got really hot after i woke up and i was trying to cool off with a wet cloth and fan. right now its 86F but doesnt feel too hot anymore. i just took some liquid tylenol (still kid kind, we cant find the adult strength in liquid...) my mom DID call kaiser earlier but they said "they cant see you unless its been 5 days or your in severe pain" AND they didnt clarify whether or not i have a sinus infection since i have allergys, a stuff-ish nose but no congestion/runny nose.

there are two girls who i sit next to in art and one was complaing she felt like she was getting sick like a sore throat and was complaing her stomach hurt but they were also talking about her period the other day too >___> ugh TMI lol

im not sure if i'll be okay for school since its going to be hot all week (80's) AND im supposed to get my period this week (sorry for tmi >___<) my fever is still at 101.5, do you guys think this is a cold or a sinus infection and not a flu/virus? :/

Default Re: mystery illness..scared! D:

Oh yeah it definitely sounds like sinus infection. Do me a favor, press right above your eyebrows, then on your cheekbone under your eyes then the bridge of your nose. If you feel discomfort or pressure that's a good sign you have mucus backed up in the causing an infection. If you lean forward or move your head fast do you get dizzy?
    This too, shall pass

Yup I have like pressure there. Also my teeth hurt if I tap them with my nails

Amoxicillin will help you out big time. Try to talk to your dr. About an antibiotic because i m 99.9% sure you have a sinus infection. But I'm not a dr so ask yours what he/she thinks

x
    This too, shall pass

Idk I'm gonna try to take a psuedophed pill even though I can't swallow pills...

Okayyy scratch out taking generic sudafed..it says "some paitents report severe abdominal cramping, nausea and vomiting in relation to the drug"

Did you read that online? Sometimes they HAVE to say that for legal purposes. Just like any other medicine they have to put anything from rashes to death on list of side effects or they can get sued. I've taken sudafed when I was younger and never vomited from it.
    This too, shall pass

Ya haha, my mom keeps getting mad at me for always doing this n keeps saying the same thing you said. this is prettty much the same problem I had with my allergy medicine that I take daily. It had vomiting as a side effect. I refused to take it because I didn't wanna get sick, I eventaully gave up and took it since I was coughing so much I was almost gagging. >____> I might take it later tommorow when I get home. (If I go to school)

They have to put that on the box in case someone vomits from it. Otherwise they could be sued. I think that vomiting from allergy meds is very very unlikely. It's either take the meds and help yourself, or don't take the meds and put up with feeling like crap I really don't think that they're going to make you vomit though.
    Come visit my history blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

So today was another day. I didn't go to school (again) and I still have a fever that won't go under 100 for three days now. I'm also starting to get post nasal drip and a tiny bit of sore throat, I've still been tired n cold but not as bad. This morning I woke up at 6:35 as usual and wasn't hungry but ate two eggs anyway. I took tylenol then ate the egg, after I ate I bent forward a bit and I felt a sharp pain on my stomach. It wasn't HORRIBLE but did hurt, it came n went like three times thru out the day. Blarg. My mom said shell call kaiser again cause "its ridiculous you've had a fever for 3 days"

Sounds like a virus. A trip to the doctor won't hurt anything, see if it's anything more that would need medicine.
    "I'm not supposed to be like this, but it's okay" -- The Wrong Child, R.E.M.

Like a viral sinus infection? Oh and I should mention I havnt really been eating normal since I don't feel hungry, so maybe that's why I got that pain? The tylenol doesn't help much either lol I get heartburn from it >___< hopefully I can go to the doctor its almost been "5 days"

Okay so I just came back from the docs and they think I have strept throat o_____o I don't even have a sore throat though...so they wanted to do the throat swab but I refused. I was freaking out so bad I was like starting to shake and my heart was pounding and my stomach was like twitching (weird right?) So they didn't give me any medication or a diaognosis -___- -sigh- why does this phobia ruin everything >___>