Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: help plz

hi im rebecca im 13 and frm da uk. i suffer bad from emet. tomorrow im goin on a 3 hour train journey to london. im absolutlet petrefied incase sum1 is sik on the train. plzplzplzpzlpzpzlz help me x

Hey Bexy [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

I know the feelin, i hate long train journey's too!

Make sure you take plenty of chewing gum, and take a magazine or something to take your mind off the journey, and i'm sure you'll be there in no time!

I had an unexpected 7 hour jouney back home from birmingham once, it was due to lots of traffic on the road, but i was that worried about getting home i never even thought about being sick, or even someone else being sick!!

bexy - im sure you wil be fine, jst try not to think about it, easier said than done, but the chances someone is sick on the train near you, is pretty slim surely.

as Louise said, take distractions, like a personal CD player or smthing.

btw Louise - McFly ... um.. suck lol WAHEY!
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img] McFly Are excellent!!!!!

you musn't have any taste [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]haha

I hate long train journeys too but I usually feel most comfortable. I generally find that people who travel by train dont tend to get travel sickness as much as planes, cars and boats. You should be fine. Take some music to listen to and if the worst should happen you can always move to another carridge where you wont see, hear or smell whats going on. Good lcuk please tell us how it goes

Please PM me!

Welcome tot he site Bexy! I think you will be fien, headphones are a great idea then you can turn the sound up if you feel the need. Also sit facing the direction your'e moving some people get sick from sitting backwards! Try to enjoy! Oh and if it helps when I was 7 I went on a 24 hour train ride and didnt' even feel sick and also we used to go 2 hours to my grandparents house and no one ever got sick so you should be fine! I love the scenery!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

welcome to the site bexy! like everyone else said bring a distraction like a personal cd player.

this is offtopic but whois mcfly? sorry.[img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]
    ♥Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks to sarah140 for my avatar and Fiona for my siggie

\"We can\'t help everyone. But everyone can help someone\"

Welcome

I detest long trips. I know you can do it though train trips aren't so bad. Bring books and puzzle books are great because you can really get involved and get your mind off everything. I like to have something to play music then you can't hear anything either and it also distracts you.

Gum, hard candies and ginger ale always my faves to have. I find the peppermints are great for relaxing my tummy and my mind.

Gl to you hope your stay in London is grand
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

Hey Rebecca!!

Welcome to the family!![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Everyone here has some great advice regarding long trips!!! I hope that helps a bit!! I think if you bring a distraction along with you and some gum or mints or something, you will be all set!! Also are you going with anyone? Thatmakes it easier also.

Have a good trip!!!
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

whenever I go on any kind of long trip I take dramimine, (motion sickness medicine) so I can just sleep the entire time. If someone is sick, I won't know about it cause I'll be asleep.
    We\'ll beat this!

I say keep distracted. I have never been on a train tirp but I would be freaked just because of the weird motion of the train. Open a window if feel yucky. No recycled air.

Hey Becca!

Don't panic, I know the type of scenario you're facing..but rest assured- VERY few people suffer from sickness on trains- it's the smoothest form of transport around!
    I'd much rather travel on train than by coach etc.. and remember- if someone should even complain of feeling off colour- tune in your walkman and take a walk down the next carriage- rest assured you won't need to.

Enjoy london

welcome to the site rebecca! we all go through times like you're
    going through. the important thing to remember is to keep telling
    yourself not to allow emet to ruin great opportunities for you-- such
    as fun trips to london. we are here for you. the above
    advice is great, just take things with you to distract you, try to
    enjoy the scenery and keep telling yourself that you will be fine.

Do what your heart tells you to-- even when your fears tell you not to.

You are alive....so live.