Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
    Steelers Country! Pennsylvania, United states

Question Started classes today!

I started new classes at a new college today for dental assisting. I was nervous about that anxiety you feel about v*ing. But I noticed when I shifted my attention to what the instructor was saying and really focused on what we were learning, it went away. So I knew I wasn't going to v*. It was all in my head. I'm nervous again for tomorrow. But I know I wont v*. How do I consistantly focus on what the instructor is saying so the thoughts never pop into my head? And will I get used to going and will the anxiety subside?
    Nothing's gonna change destiny,
    Whatever's meant to be will work out perfectly.

Default Re: Started classes today!

Hey!! I felt the same way when starting my 3rd year of college! (I'm back home now- I was going out of state) but anyways- I felt the same way, and realized by the end of the day that I'd be fine. The next day, I was a little nervous, but by the third day, I was fine. (now it's my second week of school!) I'd say just consintrate on the instructor, meet people, don't think about it, and I found the more you meet people, the better you'll feel!! Good luck!
    Amber.

Steelers Country! Pennsylvania, United states

Default Re: Started classes today!

Thank you!! I do feel the same way actually! Since probably Tuesday I haven't even been thinking about it. I even eat between classes and I'm fine! Thanks for the encouragement.
    Nothing's gonna change destiny,
    Whatever's meant to be will work out perfectly.