Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation Serious case of the runs tonight... does this sound like IBS!?

So, ever since I got home tonight from babysitting I've been having the runs! This might be TMI but I'm worried... I was sitting on the toilet with some discomfort but not too much, had moderately loose bowels at first, then they got looser and looser until it was nothing but liquid, like I've never had entirely liquid like that before!! And it's happened multiple times tonight. I'm REALLY gassy, like I'll go to the toilet feeling like I HAVE to go and it'll be only gas with a little bit of mucus like stuff...

I don't really have much of a stomach ache just some discomfort. I ate dinner fine. Does this sound like IBS or something? I know I shouldn't be worrying but I am, of course. Every time I get up I feel like i have to go again.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

Default Re: Serious case of the runs tonight... does this sound like IBS!?

I can't really describe how I'm feeling right now... I'm kind of light-headed and whenever I get up, I get UBER dizzy. Maybe that's the loss of fluids from the d* though? I've been drinking ginger ale and juice... I'm also pretty tired. I hope this isn't the start of anything. I'd probably be having some stomach pain right? I have a little headache but I get them all the time, I took an Advil anyway. Ugh.. my moms not here, it's only my brother and I for the night, probably the next two nights.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

It could be. Especially since the consistancy decreased. I've had this before. What have you eaten today?
    This too, shall pass

Not a lot, nothing healthy really. I had nutella on crackers for brunch because I had to go babysit and there was no other food in the house. Lots of apple juice earlier. Had some fruit while babysitting and some more apple juice and cake. Then came home, had ginger ale, made two chicken cordeon swiss', had a glass of chocolate milk (AFTER the d* started) and I've been drinking juice. I'm not nauseous, the thought of food isn't disgusting. And I'm not rushing as much as of now... I feel really tired/light headed.

Id say ibs. That's mostly junkish food I really don't think you're sick. You're being really rational because you know you don't think the sound of food is disgusting and your not nauseous. If you become nauseous I'm sure its from anxiety. And juice has a lot of sugar and too much sugar will definitely cause d* try to sleep
    This too, shall pass

That happened to me once a few weeks ago, just started having the runs out of nowhere and for no particular reason! I only made it worse by drinking lots of water in an effort to "rehydrate" myself, but sometimes too much water can lead to even more d*, or worse, a sickening electrolyte imbalance...haha so don't make that same mistake!

Anyway, since getting up seems to be aggravating your stomach further, just lie down and try to relax. Since you don't have any other symptoms, it sounds as though something you've eaten must not have sat well with your digestive system....that doesn't immediately indicate food poisoning though, so don't panic! Sometimes certain foods just contain too much of an ingredient (like salt, flavorings, spices, fat, oil, protein, sugar, or even fiber) that can upset the stomach.

To avoid dehydration or an electrolyte imbalance, try eating foods like bananas, salted crackers, dry cereal, or dry toast, while drinking juice, ginger ale, herbal tea (chamomile works best for upset stomachs), Gatorade, or water (just not large quantities of it). Try to eat and drink slowly and keep in mind the need for both potassium and sodium. If the d* keeps happening, you may need to take a Pepto Bismol or other anti-diarrhea medicine.

It may be just a random case of IBS like you said, so try not to get yourself too anxious about it. Sit back, turn on a movie or something, and eat some stomach-friendly foods while your system stabilizes itself!
    Panic at the thought of doing something is a challenge to do it.

I'd guess it was the juice! If my niece has real fruit juice (even just one baby cup) it gives her loose poop. And from the sound of it, you had a lot of juice!

Apple juice will give you the "trots."

Seriously!? Holy crap- all these years, I had NO IDEA! I LOVE apple juice, it's basically the only type of juice I like. That's good to know, I drink a lot of it... thank you!

Oh yeah totally apple juice! They tell you to give babies apples juice to help them poop if they're constipated. And it does make you really gassy. I don't know about the watery d* part. I didn't think it would do that, but if you drank a lot, I'm sure it's possible

I have had IBS for about 12 years. It sounds like it might have been IBS. I hope you are feeling better now.

Apple juice and a few other juices are awful for IBS. They contain natural sorbitol which causes d*, gas, and bloating. Prune juice is such a good laxative due to its high level of natural sorbitol. Also watch out for added sorbitol in anything sugar free (especially gum) and some products that are trying to reduce their sugar content.

for sure the apple juice.. even when you give babies apple juice they say give half juice and half water so that does not happen unles they are constipated.