Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Scared today is the day, please help! :(

I am trying not to panic but it is proving hard, I normally have people I can speak to and calm me in person but no one is around.

About 10 minutes ago, I got this horrid taste in my mouth when I swallow, but about 30-40 minutes ago I used this nasal spray that is supposed to prevent early onsetting signs of a cold. Its still there every time I swallow, what if its a sign that Im going to v*?

I have felt off and nauseous for a large majority of the day but I have put it down to nerves because of a new job I have started this week and I have quite severe anxiety and tried to prevent panic attacks (I had one about lunch time). I felt like I couldnt eat this morning due to panic and that I felt like I might actually v* but I did manage to eat something although had several loose bm before and after.

(WARNING - THIS NEXT PARAGRAPH MAY TRIGGER)

I ate my dinner which consisted of chicken and vegetable pie, chips/fries and more veg. I felt sick towards the end of the meal although was quite enjoying it up until that moment when I got this sort of feeling/rising in my throat but wasnt sure if it was wind or something else. I was swallowing food at the time.

I just think what if it is going to happen today, I am so scared! I feel like I am dying, please help. I dont know what to do anymore, I want this to stop.

Default Re: Scared today is the day, please help! :(

With everything you've said it sounds like you are dealing with stress related anxiety. You may not realize how anxious or stressed you are but your body is doing the whole fight or flight thing. The bad taste in your mouth may be from the nasal spray. The mouth and nasal passage have the same route so the nasal spray may be dripping down and you can taste it. That will not make you sick but I see how it worries you and worry equals anxiety. I bet you'll be fine if you can find a way to calm yourself down a bit. Colds often don't help, I know because I have a cold from my son and I'm dealing with a bad taste and sore throat. Hang in there, hope you feel better quickly.
    My Jacob makes life beautiful.

Thankyou, thats a part of me that tries to tell me that it is just anxiety but each time I panic, it feels a little different and so I think "what if its not this time" etc. And yes, this week I have woken up feeling n* with anxiety and worry cause of my new job and the pressure of the responsibility being purely on me.

I am going to see my psych tomorrow and ask what medication is available other than anti-depressants, never used medication before but I'm getting desperate.

Thanks for such a reassuring reply and for replying so quickly x

Sounds like anxiety to me too. Maybe the gross taste you had was from the nasal spray washing "stuff" from your sinus to your throat and you can just taste it? I know when I have a sinus infection, I always get a nasty taste in my mouth.