Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Omg it happened. My son v*

My son is 2. We were running errands today and I was supposed to be at a friends house dropping something off for her. He had been playing with a baby wipe (he likes to wipe my car doors and his seat) He said "nother wipe please" so I reached back and gave him another wipe. About two seconds later I heard a noise, I thought he had burped (maybe he did) and when I looked around, there it was. Of course I started freaking out "oh god oh god oh god oh god" but at the same time I felt so bad for him. He was just sitting there looking at it saying "need paper towel! Need paper towel!" I turned around and came home cleaned him off, stripped him down to his diaper and took his car seat out of the car. It's all sitting on the porch waiting for my poor husband to hose off when he comes home. I put my son right in the tub and he's now sitting in a diaper on towels on the floor watching tv. He doesn't seem to not feel ok. He was playing in the tub like he always does.
    It's so hard because he's 2 and I feel so bad. Plus it's not like you can tell him to v* into a trashcan so that things are spread around. I have a few questions.
    What do I need to do to make sure my washing machine isn't contaminated?
    Will hot water washing his clothes and towel and carseat cover be enough to kill whatever made him s*?
    Do you think it's a good rule that if he doesn't v * again, it was probably just something he ate? Also if he has no d*?
    Generally do you v* more than once if it's a sv?
    How long is the virus contagious (if it is a sv)? Like if, let's say, I missed a spot in my car, and I find it tomorrow, is it still contagious? Or once it's dry, is that it?
    Sorry for all these questions.
    How long from now do you think I'll be "safe" and not have to worry about getting s*? I have a very busy weekend the 9th-11th.
    I guess we've been pretty lucky that we made it almost 2 and a half years without this happening (other than baby milk spitup, but I don't count that)

Default Re: Omg it happened. My son v*

Yikes. I bet he just burped and vomited. If he is not acting sick and only got sick once I doubt he has a sv. plus if there was no d* he should be ok.

You did good taking care of things. He sounds so cute "paper towel, paper towel" SOOOO CUTE. how is he feeling now?

As for the clothes and car seat cover, I think that just washing them in hot water would be enough to get rid of any germs.

Well a little while after I posted this he asked for a peanut butter sandwich. Then he asked for yogurt, fig newtons, and cereal! Lol he ate all that, and went to bed a little while later. He woke up this morning saying he was hungry and ate breakfast just fine. I guess since he's kept everything down, it was a one time thing. I'm still being cautious though. Just because that's how I am.

He might have accidentally tasted the wipe he had and maybe it made him gag and poof! Glad it was nothing more than a one time thing :-)

I was going to say could it have been the wipe? All 3 of my girls had a tendency to chew on baby wipes (makes my teeth go all funny just talking about it lol), but my littleone who is 18 months will chew on them and g*g - not that I actually let her chew on them - she just seems to find them out of nowhere!!

Anytime my children have had stomach virus, it is always both, or one more than once. My daughter and son have both had random episodes that went nowhere. My daughter got sick earlier this winter, all over her chair. I thought it was a virus, because she is in preschool and honestly it was a concern in the early months. It turned into a sinus thing which I caught but it was only that one time, then sneeze sneeze cough cough. Your little one sounds fine and extremely adorable!
    Life is so worth living.

Recent college grad = expert on avoiding communicable diseases.

Incase he did have a tummy bug, for your sanity I would wash the clothing with hot water and color safe bleach. Vinegar also works pretty well for this. Another fun fact about SV is that they can live on hard and soft surfaces outside of the body for over 2 weeks so sanitize freely; Lysol green apple is my go to product.

Overall, your kiddo sounds fine and I'm glad he's doing well.

aww he sounds so cute, "paper towel!" I bet he just gaged himself Kuddos to you though!

My kids would vomit periodically at this age b/c of molars or eye teeth coming in. Check into that! Also, he may have stuck the wipe too far down his throat and the gag reflex kicked in. Doesn't sound like a sv to me. He would be lethargic and cranky and certainly not eating. Kids are so much more in tune with their bodies...if they are sick, they don't eat. Period. Paper towel....how cute is that!!!!! Mine now asks for a bucket, since the last time he was sick he was using one. All I have to do is ask him if he needs a bucket and I know when he is n!!

Also....I agree....LYSOL freely!!!!!!!
    Last edited by crystalmom; 09-19-2011 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Adding
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!