Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question Roommate's sick??

I'm trying to stay as calm as possible on the outside, but on the inside I feel like I'm going crazy. I do live in a college dorm (terrified for when flu season starts coming around), but I do live 2 hrs away and can't afford an apt. or anything so it was really my only option. I have been dreading the day when one of my roommates would get sick (there's 3 of us, 2 in one room and 1 in another with a joining bathroom), and it finally came...like a week into the semester of course I know she's on the tennis team, it's that time of the month, super stressed, and I think she can go out drinking...i don't know, she was out last night.
    But, I know she did say she's been throwing up all day () and trying to get a hold of the doctors office and they called her during tennis practice (obviously she went then), so she couldn't answer to get back to them.
    I don't know what to think really. Whenever I get panicked around sick people I can't even eat out of fear I'll be next. This time I'm kind of afraid to use the bathroom too haha. Maybe I'll try to find another one somewhere on campus.
    Any ideas on this?
    Should I be worried? Careful? Wait and see?
    I get terrible panic attacks.

Also, sorry this is soooo long. I can go a little detail crazy.

Default Re: Roommate's sick??

Omg I am so scared for when I live in a college dorm. Well, think of this logically, your immune system is pretty good, I mean, you've been around sick people before and not gotten sick. And if you think about it, you have no idea who may have thrown up in any public bathroom but you still go in those!!! Hope. I helped.. stay strong!

I actually rarely ever use public bathrooms...unless it's like a last resort, I have to pee my pants kind of situation lol. But however, in college, a ton of the v* is probably also caused by drinking a lot. I had to call my boyfriend to help calm me down. I feel so bad because it was like 1 in the morning and woke him up :/ Thank God he's understanding for me. I am trying my hardest to stay strong. Thanks

Oh.. Well, if your not already sick you probably wnt be sick. You most likely would've gotten it by now

Finger's crossed...now the other one is sick because of migraines...fml

no one is in the clear from a sv for up to 10 days because that's how long as persons stool carries the virus. my wife was sick monday, then my 7 year old wednesday through today and now my 2 year old. just keep things clean, wash your hands and you will be fine.

She's out again and stuff. I'm still being careful though...hand washing, avoiding shared spaces, and staying on my own side of the room as much as I can.