This is totally OT but I'm having a total insecurity crisis...

So, my body is kind of weird shaped. My figure starts, then my hips go in... it's like kind of a dent, then starts again. If you put aside where my curves start before the dent, if you block that out, it looks totally normal, but the upper part, before the tent, is bigger and more defined, so it looks so weird... basically, my hips go in and out, and I don't know is that because I'm fat or something? Is it love handles, or me growing, or what? My jeans and shorts sit at where the dent is. So when I were a little bit of a tight fitting top, it looks soo messed up... and so I went into my moms room, showing her and she says "You need to get off your ass and exercise more," and now I want to cry.

I know I'm ridiculously stupid for worrying about this, at thirteen, but I've always been insecure about this since I noticed it. Everything looks weird on me, I can't wear anything too tight without feeling like an ugly mess. So I just went back into my moms room and she said "You have high hips because you have long legs," that makes sense. My mom says everyone has that dent but for a lot of people it's not noticeable- for me it is! So when I wear my shorts it looks weird, my hips (okay, I'm seriously challenged, I guess the part before the dent I'm referring to are my hips? Ah!) are like way bigger... I don't know. Anyway I'm really self conscious about it.

Just need some words of wisdom, reassurance, whatever, comforting