Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default IBS and emetophobia!

I've suffered from bad IBS and emetophobia for as long as I can remember... i'm 18 now. I have bad flares up of IBS but recentley, like the past few months i've been relativley ok with it, its the longest stretch i've ever gone. So i've had myself convinced, maybe it's gone! I'm cured!!!! But no... tonight i'm in a lot of stomach pain and now i'm TERRIFIED i have a bug and v will come alongside it!!! To some extent, somewhere in my head i kind of know it's IBS... i've had a bad couple of days and these emotions usually are the trigger. But on the other hand I can't help but worrry sooooo much that it's not, especially since it's been so long since it last happened. The pain is like a period cramp kind of feeling, but i've just come off a period so i can't convince myself it's that. My stomachs all gurgley and i haven't had an appetite all day.

OMG IM SO SCARED (I know thats not helping) sorry for the blab. I'm just panicking and guess I needed to let it out! I would literally rather die than be sick!

Default Re: IBS and emetophobia!

This is my situation exactly! My IBS flare-ups come and go, so I can be fine for a week and then have a few rough days. I ALWAYS convince myself that I have a stomach bug even though 10 years after being diagnosed with IBS I should really learn that it's not a bug or food poisoning. Still, any hint of feeling ill will make me very anxious. I often wonder if the IBS leads to the emet since I am so hyper-aware of what's going on in my stomach and I've had so many digestive issues. I never vomit but it petrifies me! Just try to remind yourself that it's just the IBS and you will be fine. Patience prevails ...