Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Help and support needed please

My 13yr old daughter was sick 3 times last night ( she too is emetophobic ) and i was really brave helping her etc as i am determined it is not going to ruin her life as it has mine . Inside i was in bits heart racing ,panicking etc . She was so very brave and has not been sick since about 5.30am , she has had some dry toast and little juice ,she now has a headache and feels wobbly again , i am in the house on my own now as my very supportive husband is at work . My main worry is that i will catch it (have bleached everything and washed hands etc) but feel anxious that when she wakes up she will vomit again . I feel guilty for worrying about me catching it when she is the one who is ill (at the moment )not a good mum really . Its definitely the fear of not knowing if and when i will be ill , i can't really cope anymore today . just some words of wisdom to know that i'm not alone would be good
    Thank you

Default Re: Help and support needed please

I feel your pain. My 3 year old daughter is sick again with a SV...second time in a few weeks. I didn't catch it the first time, and she actually V*'d ON ME....so, if I escaped it, I'm sure you will also. I thought because of the extremely close contact I had (and I had to clean her, her bed, and carpet) that I'd get it for sure...but I didn't even have time to get a mask and gloves and I never got it. So, I think you will avoid it. Good job being a good Mom for your daughter in her time of need...I try to do the same, and as emets...it's super hard when they are S* and we have this fear. Hugs!

Default Re: Help and support needed please

Thank you so much for that , sitting by the laptop just waiting for any reply and that is good to hear, i didn't get it last time she was ill with d&v so i'm praying that i won't this time . She told me to keep washing my hands bless her !! i hate being like this and i hate the fact that she is the same as me , my other 3 children are all grown up but they are fine . Luckily they all try and help me and don't get cross ! Really hope your little one gets well soon too and you stay safe . Its good to know someone else is feeling the same . Hugs back from one phobic to another !! i really want to change as i know i reinforce the phobia all the time by allowing the fear to grow xx