Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Smile Emetophobe on Jeremy Kyle!

Did anyone else see the Jeremy Kyle episode with an emetophobic lady on? It was a couple of weeks ago now, but just thought I'd ask because it was quite interesting to actually see something on tv about emetophobia! I very rarely meet anyone that's ever even heard of it, so it was cool to see something that might make people more aware and understanding
    "One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar" - Helen Keller

Default Re: Emetophobe on Jeremy Kyle!

I did I did!
    I even got my mum to watch that segment with me so she could see how real this phobia is! Gosh she was shaking so much I just wanted to give her a hug, I would have thought Graham would have spoken more in depth about the phobia though! Likewise, it was very interesting to see someone with emetophobia on TV rather than... well I never read or hear about emet being talked about anywhere so it was really interesting! I wonder how that lady got on in the aftercare?

Emma x
    2010 && 2011 the years I met Gok Wan
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Helena Bonham Carter <3

Lets slap Emet in the face. . .

Follow My Blog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I didnt see it cos I was in work but my daughter saw it and told me about it. She said the poor woman was in a terrible state but cos she doesnt see me when I panic (I like to be alone when Im panicking) she had no idea it could be so bad. It made me feel good that it was on tv and also that my daughter got to see what this phobia is capable of doing to a person.

Haha yeah I made my boyfriend watch too!

I agree, Graham normally has a lot to say lol, was hoping for a bit more info about it so that people would understand how common it is and how much it can take over your life! You know it's gonna be a good one if Graham actually comes on stage though :P

Yeah I wondered what sort of aftercare she would get, whether they'd provide her with therapy for the actual phobia or just to make her feel more confident in herself and her parenting skills.. Hmmm..!

x
    "One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar" - Helen Keller

I actually found it really saddening how she felt as though she was a bad mother because she couldn't be around her children when they were *s Ha! I know right, Graham always has a lot to say but well he can't have known that much of the phobia... I really hope she got therapy for the actual phobia rather than raising her confidence!

Okay wow I just typed in 'emetophobia jeremy kyle' and a couple of pages down there are loads of tweets ridiculing this lady because of her emet!! It's awful to read

Is it just me or does anyone el se get made fun of watching JK? Lol did anyone watch it this morning? That couple first thing were hilarious.... "he hasn't bathed in 3 years!"

Emma x

Helena Bonham Carter <3

Follow My Blog

I know what you mean! That is something I worry about though, that if I ever did have children I would shelter them too much or even be scared of them because of them getting ill! I really hope they helped her phobia too, it'd be interesting to see what kind of aftercare the show provides.

Eugh that's horrible, I hate how ignorant people can be sometimes. If someone was afraid of heights or spiders no one would have much to say about it! I wish people could understand that just because it's less heard of, that doesn't make it any less real!

Hahaa I used to be guilty of making fun of people for watching it, but my boyfriend's really got me into it and now I love a bit of Jezza :P to be fair some of the stories are pretty moving...

..Others are just entertaining :P

x

My first post, so hello everyone!

www youtube com/watch?v=8giV-ef9mwM (you need to put the "dots" back into the address as I can't post links just yet)

I just googled it...looks like it only got uploaded today as well...

Welcome to IES LW12 (: I hope you find this forum as helpful as I have over the months, everyone on here too is really nice! If you ever want to chat you can just PM me

Ooh I might have another watch of the woman on Jeremy Kyle, thank you for letting us know!

E x

Helena Bonham Carter <3

Follow My Blog

Heyy thanks a lot for the link LW12 and welcome!! I hope you find the help and support you need here - I know I definitely have!

x

oh poor woman, they all kept saying the s word the whole time! THIS is why we need forums like this; other people just don't get it! Imagine how triggering that must have been for her, it was for me just watching it jeeez!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8giV-ef9mwM
    Since I am allowed to post links, there you go. Thanks for doing the work to find this LW12. Graham actually sounded like he might know how to treat emet. No talk of snapping out of it or making yourself v* or anything like that. CBT and gradual exposure therapy do have a high rate of success for many people if you're willing to change your thinking and put the work in.

Graham is awesome!! Completely OT but the other day I read that Jeremy Kyle suffered with OCD && that he licked his phone to make sure it's clean...As a person who suffers with not only emet but OCD that's DISGUSTING!

E x

Helena Bonham Carter <3

Follow My Blog

Haha no way, that's really random xD

Yeah I like Graham too, he's quite down to earth about stuff, rather than just doing the whole 'get over it' thing lol..!

x