Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Success Stories

Default Success Stories

Right, so I rarely ever come here anymore - I don't have emetophobia anymore - but I do a quick visit every few months, usually to check on the thread I made in the 'Success Stories' to see if anyone's posted any questions or anything there that I can answer - because I'd like to help people who ask.

Anyway, either I'm being a donkey as per usual and completely missing it, or the Success Stories forum's gone, and with it the thread I made??

As I said, I've not been here for a long time and I have no idea what's changed and all, but well, I think I posted some good advice there, and I know if I'd seen a thread like that whilst I was emetophobic it would have given me some hope.

So yeahhhh... where's it gone?
    "Here in the final draft, I've given all I have,
    Strange how the heart expands in the absence of a plan,
    There's nothing left on the page but I'm okay with that,
    I found my resolution was designed for stronger hands"

Default Re: Success Stories

It's now part of the Triumphs board here

http://emetophobia.org/forumdisplay.php?f=11

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks... did the old threads get deleted then? Cos mine's definitely not there.

I'm not sure! The Admin (not mods) made the change, though I'm not sure technically how he did it. Perhaps run a search for your thread? You can also go to your profile and view threads you've started and see if it pops up.

Yeah, I did - checked through the threads I created and it's not there.

Hmm... I'll let the admin know and see how he changed things.

Funnily enough I also noticed the other day that vixki's success thread seems to have gone. I'd guess it's an accidental result of the recent shifting around on the forum, although I do hope someone can find it again and re-post it as I looked at it a few times and found it really inspiring.

I liked that the advice was so down to earth and sensible, whether it was the point that seeking reassurance does you no good in the long run (exactly right and something that Sage herself agreed with), or that the way to overcome the anxiety is to do the thing that scares you, over and over again. In fact, it was this specific piece of advice that I've had in mind all through my CBT and is the reason why I decided for myself that, for example, every YouTube clip I watched had to be seen a number of times (I opted for six times, multiplied by the fifteen clips so far) and not just once.

I've even referenced the thread a couple of times in posts as I was so impressed with it, so I'd be very grateful if someone could please look through the archives and find it again as I'm sure it would help others if they can read it as well.

Finally, congratulations to vixki/Emma for being able to type that wonderful sentence in her first post on this thread - "I don’t have emetophobia anymore"!

I spoke with the Admin and he said that everything was moved, so if it has been lost it was a database error

Quote Originally Posted by asianeko View Post
    I spoke with the Admin and he said that everything was moved, so if it has been lost it was a database error
    Ok, well - do you mind if I create another one?

Quote Originally Posted by orton99 View Post
    Funnily enough I also noticed the other day that vixki's success thread seems to have gone. I'd guess it's an accidental result of the recent shifting around on the forum, although I do hope someone can find it again and re-post it as I looked at it a few times and found it really inspiring.

I liked that the advice was so down to earth and sensible, whether it was the point that seeking reassurance does you no good in the long run (exactly right and something that Sage herself agreed with), or that the way to overcome the anxiety is to do the thing that scares you, over and over again. In fact, it was this specific piece of advice that I've had in mind all through my CBT and is the reason why I decided for myself that, for example, every YouTube clip I watched had to be seen a number of times (I opted for six times, multiplied by the fifteen clips so far) and not just once.

I've even referenced the thread a couple of times in posts as I was so impressed with it, so I'd be very grateful if someone could please look through the archives and find it again as I'm sure it would help others if they can read it as well.

Finally, congratulations to vixki/Emma for being able to type that wonderful sentence in her first post on this thread - "I don’t have emetophobia anymore"!
    Thanks! Glad you found it inspiring.
    Good for you for watching the videos. It is pretty much the point of CBT - you got to do something that scares you over and over again. And then you get to the point where it still terrifies you and you feel like you can't do it anymore... but you have to keep on going, and THATS when the anxiety starts to go. Not easy at all... but it's what works.
    I wish you good luck in your recovery

Quote Originally Posted by vixki View Post
    Ok, well - do you mind if I create another one?
    Go for it! I'm sorry it was lost!

Quote Originally Posted by asianeko View Post
    Go for it! I'm sorry it was lost!

Thanks, just written one... hope it's ok. I don't mean to dis this site at all in it, I was just telling my story