Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Pregnant sister

Default Pregnant sister

My sister liberty who is 19 about a month ago split up with her long term boyfriend when she told him she was pregnant. She asked me if she could come stay in my room as she hates being alone and needs some company. At first i thought Great we would have so much fun as we are so close then her morning sickness kicked in and it terrifies me as we have an en suite. Se understands my phobia and supports me but it still scares me. But i can't tell her to move out of my room as she needs me what shall i do?

Default Re: Pregnant sister

Are you afraid of her being sick in your room or bed? Maybe you could help her out and be like a midwife and assist her in ways to help her morning sickness. Most morning sickness pregnancies just consist of nausea and nothing major. Is she physically sick, and is it everyday? I'm not sure of what you can do besides sleep on the couch or wear ear plugs at night if it bothers you. The morning sickness usually goes away after a month or two and isn't all the time in general. Good luck, hopefully someone else can give some better advice!
    My Jacob makes life beautiful.

heya thanks for the advice i spoke to her last night as she could tell i was worried and she has medication which stops the her actually being sick and i think i just panicked last night when i posted this thread.
    But after you saying about being a midwife and supporting her she asked me to be her birthing partner and a god mother to her baby which she will call crystal for a girl and oscar for a boy i am so excited now!

Thankyou!

thank you to share with us