Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question Has anyone had oxazepam before? I'm not sure if I want to start..

I've been prescribed Oxazepam 7.5 mg - 15mg (3 times daily when necessary) yesterday, as I'm finding it so hard to cope lately. I've never been a fan of any benzodiazapine, and was quite reluctant.

I'm scared I'll become quite dependent on it - I don't want to have to rely on one dose to another. However, I'm also wanting to be free of my anxiety symptoms for a while. Some have said with benzo's, when the drug wears off after a few hours, anxiety comes back worse - true or not?

But I'm at mind's end with my anxiety and would love to be free of it for a while. I'm wondering if anyone else has had any experience with it and would like to share.

Default Re: Has anyone had oxazepam before? I'm not sure if I want to start..

Hey Sweet

Although i've never been prescribed Oxazepam, I do have Diazepam for when I really need it && feel as though the world is crashing down on me- that kind of anxiety! Like you, I am very reluctant to take it purely because I don't want to become dependent on the drug, im on two other drugs && plus they can make you feel worse either!

Im sorry to hear sweet that you have been finding it hard to cope recently- I know how that feels so massive hugs to you! Have you discussed in full depth to your doctor/physiatrist about the benzo?

I think if you can avoid taking the drug then that would be best but if you really feel you need to take it then do so- there are other natural anxiety relievers though such as Rescue Remedy which comes in either a dropper, spray or pastille form- they also now do chewing gum Rescue Remedy! It's totally natural made out of 5 different flower essences to help cope with different emotions and stressful/anxiety provoking situations!

You may prefer to go natural before you try out the actual meds? I've added the link to the website about Rescue Remedy- Im planning on getting this product to help me during my 2nd year of College
    http://www.nelsonsnaturalworld.com/e...rescue-remedy/
    2010 && 2011 the years I met Gok Wan
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Helena Bonham Carter <3

Lets slap Emet in the face. . .

Follow My Blog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Oh thanks for that, yeah oxazepam is not as strong as diazapam but it's still one of the benzo's. I did try 7.5mg last night and I did find my body was completely tension/anxiety free (bar the thoughts, but they soon went as soon as I felt physically I was relaxed). However it gave me a heavy headed feeling with a slight headache.

I've tried natural stress relievers in the past and I don't find they do too much for me :S
    Have you tried passionflower before? I've heard its quite good for anxiety..

Well done for trying out the Oxazepam, how do you feel about it now you've tried it? Im still too anxious to try the Diazepam.... Deary me this phobia really does stop me from doing a lot! Yes i've heard that passionflower is good for anxiety, but have never tried it! Have you?

E x
    2010 && 2011 the years I met Gok Wan

Helena Bonham Carter <3

Lets slap Emet in the face. . .

Follow My Blog

I get about eight 10mg oxazepam a month off my mother who gets a regular monthly prescription of 56!! I find they are very good at helping me relax if I feel n* and I start to panic. I have taken both oxazepam and diazepam and both are equally good at helping me relax. Of course having taken these on and off over the years I tend to need a higher dose to get the desired effect unfortunately. My advice to you would be if you really feel you cannot cope at the moment then give them a go - maybe just try one 7.5mg tablet a day or even two if needs be. I usually feel less anxious after one 10mg tablet. Occasionally if Im feeling very n* I take a second tablet in the same day. Personally I have always found benzo's to be very effective. Its really unfortunate that they can become addictive cos many drs here in the UK really wont prescribe them anymore despite the benefits they can bring.

I've had a total of one tablet over 2 days now. 7.5mg each time (usually around evening). I found that by the end of the day my body has had enough and it's built up so much anxiety it just feels awful.
    I'm glad I did manage to try some, I was so worried about it. I don't want to get dependent (like anyone really), but I also acknowledge right now it's best for my body so it can get some rest as well.

I've never tried passionflower either... I don't know where to find it. I'm assuming health shops with lots of those natural supplements? They don't come cheap however.

Yeah many doctors don't like benzo's - especially the older ones. They just shake their heads and think anxiety will go right away if you exercise and meditate. That's true to a point but I tried exercising yesterday and made myself worse - I guess my stomach was just too knotted up then.