Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Has anyone had success with Zoloft????

Hi all...I'm wondering if anyone on here has had good success with Zoloft or not?? I'm a mother of 2 and my son is starting preschool next week and all I can think about is him catching the stomach V and bringing it home. I've constantly had that horrible pit in my stomach. I feel anxious all the time, and am so sick of feeling like this and not being the parent I want to be for my children.
    Does it help with your anxiety and ease your emet?
    Have you gained weight? I've heard horror stories of people gaining 50lbs on it!
    Does it decrease your sex drive? (mine is already low so not much room to wiggle there).
    Can you sleep well or do you get insomnia?

I have a 6 month old that I'm nursing so Zoloft is the best choice for a nursing mom...I hate taking medication, but if it will really help me and let me feel like I have a normal life then I will take it. My psychiatrist thinks it will help, but sometimes I think they push meds as an easy fix.
    Please if anyone has taken Zoloft please let me know how it has helped or if it hasn't.
    Thanks!!!

Default Re: Has anyone had success with Zoloft????

I'm wondering the same thing. I have an appt with a psychiatrist to discuss medications and have a feeling I will be put on Zoloft........

I'm sure someone here will have some input...I love this forum.

i've taken zoloft some years ago, and it really helped. though i took it for depression, i wasn't emet back then...now i'm taking something like zoloft, only different name, and it helps a lot. btw, i didn't gain weight.

Thanks for the feedback! I was hoping for some more, but decided to just bite the bullet and start taking it. First day on it, and I'm just so ready to feel normal. I just pray I don't have weight gain!

Hi! I have been taking zoloft (I take the genetic certraline which I bet a spelt wrong lol) )for a few years now for my O.C.D. and anxiety disorder. It helped really well a few weeks after I started it, but makes me very tired (being a teen and stressfullness makes me tired too lol so bad combo). Also, on the bottle it says do not take if preggy, so I might question taking it while feeding the little guy or gal. Wishing you the best,
    Alf

I took it and it worked did gain a couple lbs though, not many. Good luck hope it works well for you

I took 50mg of it while nursing.... it did seem to help a little bit. It took my general anxiety to a lower level, but when a SV was around, I still panicked.

@ luvs2laff75 50 mg is a fairly low dosage I believe, but not all meds work for everyone. Lol when sv comes zoloft does not get rid of my fear either... I can't wait to see what happens if I ever go off of it LOL. Also, on the bottle it does warn about nursing I believe.... so triple check that . Hugs to all

I really want to go on it to get over this stupid anxiety about catching the sv and not
    think about it on a daily basis. Would you all say it has helped you with this phobia and ease your anxiety over it? @ Alf zoloft is the safest anti depressant for nursing and the one they have done the most research on. Of course I would rather not have to take anything but my sanity will make me a better mom! I'm on day 4 now and just upped my dosage today from 25 mg to 50 mg. Hopefully no harsh side effects occur today. Thanks everyone for your input! It is nice to have others that are like me to discuss this stuff with and not sound crazy!

YES YES YES!

I'm on Zoloft and it's my saving grace. My panic attacks/anxiety is so controlled it's unbelievable, I'm doing really well anxiety-wise and I highly recommend Zoloft to anyone suffering like I was. That being said, everybody reacts to medications differently but everybody I've talked to has had great success with it!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by kaiilyn_23 View Post
    YES YES YES!

I'm on Zoloft and it's my saving grace. My panic attacks/anxiety is so controlled it's unbelievable, I'm doing really well anxiety-wise and I highly recommend Zoloft to anyone suffering like I was. That being said, everybody reacts to medications differently but everybody I've talked to has had great success with it!

What dosage are/were you on?

I take zoloft. It helps a bit but still very panicky.