Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation Seriously guys, I need help with my teeth grinding!

It's gotten so beyond bad, I really don't know what to do! Mouth guards are way too expensive, the cheapest one I've found is $20 I can't afford that! Ugh, it's getting to be really painful but now I feel like if I don't grind them, then my mouth just feels sick. I don't know what to do, ugh :/

Default Re: Seriously guys, I need help with my teeth grinding!

Is there really no way you could afford the mouth guard? I don't know your situation, but could you maybe do extra hours at work, run errands or do odd jobs for a bit of cash? Is there anything you could cut out of your weekly spending, like buying a cheaper brand of groceries? Do you have any family or friends who could lend you the money and pay them back a small amount each week? If there's really absolutely no way you can afford it, is there a medical assistance program you would qualify for?

I don't know if you can get these in the US, but in England they have these 'boil and bite' mouthguards which are around £3- if you like I may be able to send you one? Okay so i've just read online about natural remedies into helping with teeth grinding- the first thing that came up was to eat something crunchy as it gives your mouth something to do other than grind your teeth together! Do you drink alcohol a lot? Cuz it says that teeth grinding intensifies once you've consumed alcohol! I grind my teeth when Im annoyed which gives me a massive headache- it's really suckish!

E x
    2010 && 2011 the years I met Gok Wan
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Helena Bonham Carter <3

Lets slap Emet in the face. . .

Follow My Blog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I also grind my teeth badly-to the point that, prior to having a mouth guard, my teeth started to chip. But it did take me a long time to be able to afford a mouth guard. My dentist has recommended that I see an oral surgeon - not for surgery, but because an oral surgeon might know of some sort of oral physical therapy, or other techniques, to reduce the grinding.

If you can afford a dentist, perhaps s/he would have other recommendations, or could refer you to someone who specializes in teeth grinding.

I forgot to say that my grinding happens only at night. If yours happens during the day, when you are conscious, then maybe you could apply CBT techniques to the habit?

Thanks for your replies guys, but as of right now I have no way of being able to afford the mouth guard, I have to wait awhile and by then it'll probably be better so I don't really find a point in it. It's getting better now, I'm not grinding as much as I was.

Glad to hear that it's getting better now That's good news!

E x
    2010 && 2011 the years I met Gok Wan

Helena Bonham Carter <3

Lets slap Emet in the face. . .

Follow My Blog