Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Have a bit of a dumb situation that I could use help with

So I just started working at an office supply store, and I already want to quit. I don't feel like it's the right job for me. Now, before you all tell me to "stick with it", I am going to for about a month and if I feel the same way about it, then I might quit. I would like to have my own money, but in all honesty I'm not quite sure if I need it right now. Also, I'm looking at other jobs as well. But this place... I just hate it. I hate every second of it. There are some times where I actually wish I would get sick, just so I didn't have to go in. Yeah, it's that bad. I've only worked a few days, but I don't feel like it's getting any better.

I don't know, I just want to hear that it's okay to feel this way.

Default Re: Have a bit of a dumb situation that I could use help with

It is more than okay. Sometimes you will get jobs you absolutely loathe. My only curiosity is why do you hate it so much, care to share?
    Life is so worth living.

Default Re: Have a bit of a dumb situation that I could use help with

At first I just hated dealing with people all day, I am REALLY not a people person. I really just... hate people haha. But now, I really don't like it because of the schedule. I live an hour away from the job, but I stay with my boyfriend and his parents. And we really aren't at that "living together" point so staying with him is kind of limited. But they way that I'm scheduled, is that I work one day and have one day off and work the next day, so I literally can not make the trip back and forth for a cashier job. So I don't really know what to do about it right now. I just started, and this is already a big problem.