Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

HI All, I was wondering if anyone out there has any experience with the above. It's a product available OTC in Canada that sounds much like Dramide which is for motion sickness. My four and half year old had two bouts of vomiting this morning (It's the first time he's ever vomited more than once), and he didn't handle it well at all. I guess maybe this fear of vomiting may be inherited?? Anyway, if anyone has any info about this and if it's safe to use for stomach bugs, please let me know. [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

I don't know anything about it--but the doctors will tell you not to give a child anything YET--as much as you want to. And you never know, he might not get sick again! My 5 yr. old PANICS when she throws up, she was sick all night LAST SUnday night, and I didn't give her anything, as much as we both wanted her to have something!! If he has eaten something that hasn't agreed with him, he needs to get it out!!

I've used Gravol. (I used to live in Canada.) I love it![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] I have the suppositories for both the adults and the children. While that's not my preferred method of medicating...when I think I'm going to throw up well, I'd do anything! And you all know what that's like. They can burn a bit but they really work. I can't say anything bad about them. If you have any specific questions about them ask.

Karen

Thanks to you both for your answers. While I was at work my two year old got stomach sick twice. My husband handled it like no big deal. He gags at the sight of dirty diapers, but doesn't flinch when someone is gagging and throwing up all over him. Go figure!!!

Wish I was like that!!! I agree with Donna, I was told by my doctor not to give any anti-nausea medicine to my kids when they were younger because they need to throw up that stuff. I would wait and see how you child is doing and if he is not keeping anything down and you are worried call your doctor.

2 years ago, I had both of my kids in the ER they had a terrible bug, they threw up 15+ times in an hour and continued after that, and the drs. didn't give either of them ANYTHING and Haley was 8 months old and it really freaked me out!!

I hope your kids are feeling better!!

Its wierd how doctors can be. When Justin was 5 he caught a stomach bug and it wouldn't let go of him. My doctor was on holidays so we went to the ER, my kid was so sick and thank god my mother was with me. Justin was throwing up for over 12 hours now. They tried to shove a gravol suppository in his bum after he fought it they got it in there. They have him some of that pedialite waited and sent him home. We got home and he was vomiting again, I was going nuts, I couldnt take it!! Finally we went to this doctor who was taking over my doctor, Justin looked so ill, his cheeks were sunken in and vomiting and vomiting couldn't keep nothing down, the doctor looked at him with concern, took his blood pressure which was extremely low, he was deydrated and admitted him to the hospital, the doctor wasnt too pleased that the hospital didnt take his blood pressure and just sent him home. The nurses put an IV in his tiny arm, by that night he looked better, by the 4 th day is what back to himself. They did numerous tests on him and all it was, was a stomach flu that stuck to him like glue it wouldn't go away. 16 years later I still think of those horrible days.

Well, my non vomiting streak of 20 years ended lastnight. The last time I threw up was when I wasaround eight, maybe a little older. I threw up once. More like dry heaves cause I only had been drinking water. It wasn't as bad as I had always imagined it, but it was bad enough. My daughter had relapse while I was sick lastnight. She got sick twice and then was fine. My son has been okay too. I hope this is it for a long, long, long while. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Oh my! I'm am sorry about that. I know what you mean though, the times I've had to throw up I always look back on it and say it wasn't as bad as I had built it up in my mind to be. BUT...that doesn't stop the panic when I'm queasy. I sure wish I could get a handle on this phobia.

I hope you get to feeling better.

Karen