Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Roller Coasters/ Concert struggles

So first off, I went to a concert last night, and it was my absolute favorite band: Blink 182. Now I have been going to numerous concerts since I was about 12 (I'm currently 17), and at these concerts I normally Jump around sing loudly, and get really into it. But over the past year, it has been hard for me to enjoy a concert because I feel so nauseous that I'm actually about to v*. Like I cant even sing. (But i also have a ton of stomach issues like IBS, gerd, gastroparesis, etc).

And the other thing was roller coasters, I used to be able to go on all types of coasters, but for the past year since my phobia has been worse, I get really nauseous after the ride.

I get really upset because these were two of my favorite things to do, and now I cant. Do you think it's the fear, or it is actually because of my stomach problems?

Default Re: Roller Coasters/ Concert struggles

I'm sorry for your problems. All I can say is that I too struggle with going out to clubs, concerts etc. Sometimes because I work myself up about others being s* but that usually causes me some stomach discomfort as well.

I have cancelled too many things due to this phobia and I hope that one day we can all overcome our fear.

As for the rollercoaster have you ever been s* in the past after riding? I usually take a dramamine before I go -- It really helps. I can't ride spinny rides AT ALL but can do coasters if I drug myself first! Try it next time.

Not sure if I helped but know that we all suffer from similar experiences and you are definately not the only one!

Default Re: Roller Coasters/ Concert struggles

Thanks ! And yes I did take dramamine last time, and it wasn't necessarily sick, it was just like i felt everything in my throat, but i really think that was mostly me freaking myself out.