Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Metallic taste after eating, now panicking

I had a subway sausage and egg roll for breakfast. Pretty soon after I have had this metallic taste in my mouth and no matter what I do it won't go away.

I have been going so well with the phobia but this has got me worse than ever today. I am in such a panic that I will throw up, although I have no symptoms of that at all.

I am laying here waiting for it to happen.

What could cause a metallic taste. I am so petrified at the moment. Its been 2 hours since I ate.

PLEASE HELP

Default Re: Metallic taste after eating, now panicking

Hey, how are you feeling now? I know blood in the mouth can have a metallic taste or the food you ate could have caused it. Medications cause it too but you didn't mention anything about meds. I would just brush my tongue, use some mouth wash or chew some gum or mints to drown out that taste. I know that's scary but it wont make you sick, the thought of it can make you panic but it will go away soon. Good luck.
    My Jacob makes life beautiful.

Thanks still nothing has happened and its 5 hours later think i just have bad anxiety over it which never helps. I am on an antidepressant. Avanza. But been on it 6 weeks. Actually the taste gets much worse if i have peppermints, maybe its them

Do you get acid reflux, because that gives me funny tastes (and it's made worse by peppermints). And don't rule out it being caused by your meds- because the meds build up slowly in your body side effects can appear a little while later.

Sounds defo like the anti-d's im still getting side effects of my anti-pshychotics and it's been well over a month now, it's just a waiting game really! How are you feeling now? *massive hugs* Im sorry that this metallic taste in your mouth is causing you to freak out but I can assure you that you won't *v from it!

E x
    2010 && 2011 the years I met Gok Wan
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Helena Bonham Carter <3

Lets slap Emet in the face. . .

Follow My Blog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks everyone got through yesterday without any issues whatsoever, and am feeling fine today. Wish I could stop the panic thats associated with it

Glad to hear your feeling all well and good today Well done for managing to get through the hard day yesterday, you should feel proud of yourself!!

E x
    2010 && 2011 the years I met Gok Wan

Helena Bonham Carter <3

Lets slap Emet in the face. . .

Follow My Blog