Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: very concerned

Default very concerned

This post is to keep me from Panicking. I was in Seattle for a week. While i was gone my neighbors husband came down with a virus on Friday night. She sent her son to my house to play with my kids and keep him out of the house while his dad was sick. My husband was home taking care of my kids and he had no idea that the other kid's dad was sick. The boy was at my house ALL day. Then the boys decided to go down to the neighbors house. My son didnt know the guy was sick. When they stepped in the neighbor sent them back out so they didnt catch it. That was Saturday. On Sunday the neighbor was feeling better so he came outside to do some yard work. He came down to my house and spoke with my husband and borrowed some tools. Tonight my hubby came home from work sick. I gave him so antiemetic medication and he has been laying in my bed. He says he feels the same as he did, no better no worse. Last night we were hanging out together in the hot tub and of course we shared kisses before bed. Now i am freaking out knowing that I must be exposed and I have of course since he came home had to go into my bedroom several times. I wont sleep in there with him but is it too late?
    What about my kids? He got up this morning with them and made lunch for my middle one. Do i need to worry about them?
    I know what I will do, I will go into survival mode and start washing my hands more than i do normally and i will lysol everything and most importantly I will not eat for the next 3 or 4 days until i can be sure that i am either in the clear or I have already gotten sick. Is 3 or 4 days enough or should i wait longer? Is it airborne? Was he contagious when i kissed him?
    I am trying not to panic here!
    Thanks

Default Re: very concerned

Is your husband vomiting or having diarrhea? First, you should definitely eat because you'll feel sick from not eating. Second, you cannot catch a virus from kissing before he became sick from what I understand. You catch a virus from fecal or vomit particles so if your husband had diarrhea you need to wash your hands after using the loo and so does he. Your kids cannot get sick from him making the lunch unless he didn't wash his hands and had the virus on his hands. The best thing to use for cleaning is part bleach and water solution for toilets, sinks, knobs, do not share towels, keep tooth brushes separate and don't forget to clean floor area around the toilet. The virus isn't airborne for very long, it can spray but quickly lands on surfaces. Just keep good hygiene, I hope you'll relax a bit, if your husband isn't vomiting or having diarrhea chances are he doesn't have a virus.
    My Jacob makes life beautiful.

He hasnt vomited yet but thats because i gave him an antiemetic. I am sure he would have been if i hadnt given that to him right away. No Diarhea though! and i didnt give him anything to prevent that. THanks for th advice. Do all viruses act like this? I want to get over the hump and then i will be able to eat. I just get paranoid.

Ok now i am starting to panic. I got up this morning feeling fine. My hubby got up to go to work and he still doesnt feel well. He said he woke up around 3 am and thought he was going to v but didnt because he took the anitemetic. So i am pretty confident that it is a virus. Especially since, I ate half of a banana and i started feeling icky. I am trying to stay in one place and not move cause that seems to be when i feel worse.