Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Found an incredible antiemetic!

I am not sure if any of you have tried this but NUX VOMICA is an awesome antiemetic. I have seen it work on my son and my friend's son and now my husband. It is a homeopathic med so its all natural. You can use it in conjunction with your chemical antiemetic or you can use it alone. With my son i used it in conjunction but my friend and my husband used it alone. Within about 10 minutes they felt better. I have not had to use it myself yet but I know that my homeopathic doctor suggested I keep it handy at all times. Nux Vomica 6 c is what I have. you can get it at any natural food store or healty food store. I think i bought mine at Whole Foods in Atlanta Georgia. but I know that i can get it at my local health food store. I am not a doctor, I am not a homeopath, I am emetophobic! So i can not make any scientific or offical claims to the product but I can share with you my experiences.

Default Re: Found an incredible antiemetic!

Does the antiemetic cause drowsiness? What a great name Nux VOMICA haha, also was your husband and son sick when they took this or just nauseous? I'll look for it next time I'm in whole foods. Thanks.
    My Jacob makes life beautiful.

It does not cause drowsiness. At least it didnt in my hubby and my son. or my friend's son for that matter. My husband and son had not yet vomited when i gave it to them but I am certain they would have if i had not given it to them in time. My husband is not a believer in my homeopathic and hollistic medications but he saw it work for our son and when he came home not feeling well he trusted me and took it. He still didnt feel well but he didnt vomit and isnt that the goal of the emets? Not to V!
    I thought the same thing about the name when i bought it! Isnt that cool! You will never mix that one up! You will def know what its for.
    It comes in a blue tube made by Boiron. Make sure you get the 6 c its stronger than the 30 c. Oh and on the tube it says that it is for heartburn or drowsiness due to excessive eating or drinking. So although it doesnt say that its for Vomiting my homeopath said it is and it has proven itself to me. You can read the book in whole foods that tells you about it. Good luck! I hope you find it!
    Keep it on hand, it takes a LONG time to expire! and its worth it

Wikipedia says it's a poison. Is it really safe to take?

Quote Originally Posted by person54321 View Post
    Wikipedia says it's a poison. Is it really safe to take?
    The way I understand homeopathic medicine is that like cures like, therefore Nux Vomica is probably a very small (very very small) fraction of an EMETIC, however in conventional allopathy, most mainstream scientists would consider the concentration to be approximately zero, therefore, it should not cause any symptoms. If it worked for you guys that's great, it probably is not harmful in any way, the only question is does it have any therapeutic benefits above and beyond the placebo effect? You say yes....I won't disagree because although from a mass balance point of view we'd consider the concentration to be zero, I do know a lot of smart, educated people who swear homeopathy works.

Oohh this sounds awesome (Y) Apart from the comment above saying that the forever trusted Wiki said it was poison... Kinda puts you off but i'll certainly be having a look to see if they have it in the Health Food shop here in England Thank you for sharing your new discovery with us!

E x
    2010 && 2011 the years I met Gok Wan
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Helena Bonham Carter <3

Lets slap Emet in the face. . .

Follow My Blog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Person is right.....only the "poison" is not actually an emetic it is strychnine which is pretty nasty, however, in very small amounts it is used to aid in digestive complaints, and has other medicinal uses. Homeopathic medicines are diluted so much that you probably don't have much to worry about in terms of getting poisoned. If it was pure strychnine though, you would die, same Wikipedia source says 120mg of pure strychnine is often a fatal dose, but to put it in perspective anything homeopathic is diluted many times over. Even in the nux vomica tree that provides the natural source of strychnine, the poison is a very small portion of the overall mass of the tree.

nux vomica = vomit nut
    To learn more about emetophobia, see

I use homeopathetic remedies all the time, they work a treat especially for hayfever. I have also heard that nux vomica is for digestive problems and indigestion. I think these remedys can work very well on minor problems. I always keep rescue remedy night in my bag, its stronger than the traditional rescue remedy and really helps if im feeling anxious, it may be a placebo thing but hey who cares if it works!

Now i've been wondering whether or not to invest in getting a product from the Rescue Remedy range... question- does it really work calm you when your feel particularly anxious?

E x

Helena Bonham Carter <3

Follow My Blog

By the time a homeopathic product reaches 8x strength, there isn't any of the original substance left, just the energetic component. Think of putting one drop of the substance into a big jar of water and mix it up well. Then take one drop of the mixture and add it to another big jar of water and repeat the process 6 more times. Different homeopathics work differently at different strengths and with different symptom clusters. There are a number of different homeopathics for n* and v-ing, I would stock up on a variety of them that contain a range of different strengths in the same formula for different sets of symptoms. Personally I find homeopathic argentum nitricum really helpful for anxiety (and it won't turn you blue, lol!)
    Disclaimer: Any nutritional or health related advice I give is well intentioned and intended for general educational purposes only that may or may not apply to your personal health situation. It does NOT in any way, shape or form constitute as medical or dietetic advice. I am not your nutritionist and you are not my patient. Please discuss anything you may learn from any of my health related posts with your doctor and nutritionist prior to making any related changes.

Love me or hate me I am who I am. It isn't going to change. Don't confuse a succinct response or commitment to accuracy as being cavalier or patronizing.

Midnight Dream, id definately give it a try if i was you, the rescue remedy range are not expensive at all and the slightly stronger night 1 works for my anxiety, i dont dilute it at all just pop 2-3 drops on my tongue and i find it helps a lot.

Thank You Becca, I will certainly have a look at the different products I've always wanted to try Rescue Remedy i've just been a little weary about using it but i'll defo give it a try, thank you once again

E x

Helena Bonham Carter <3

Follow My Blog

Yes, Wikipedia does say that its strychnine, it scared me at first but as the others have said, it is diluted. Is it a placebo? I dont know, I dont think that it is because my husband who is a total NON believer in homeopathy took it and he did not V. I promise you that man would have Ved without it. He IS the SV man. The next day my husband was in awe, he said he couldnt understand how he made it through without ving. And my little boy, I gave it to him too on a different occassion a few months ago, he did not V. I am sure he was going to b/c he played with his friend the night before who ended up Ving after we went out to dinner with him and his family. I will say that i was a little worried about giving it to my son but my homeopathic dr recommended it. If she says its perfectly safe I trust her. Now my son is proof that its safe. My husband is proof that its safe. Besides i dont think they would make it in medication form if it were unsafe. Good luck to all of you! I hope it works for those of you that are going to try it. I know i will keep it close at hand at all times! and thank you to those that helped explain what nux vomica is!