Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question Allergic to peanuts?

So I have just realized that I might be allergic to peanuts. Every time I eat any type of candy with raw peanuts in them, I feel funny after I eat them. Slightly gaggy, and just uncomfortable. Is that even an allergic reaction? I'm allergic to avocados and I usually have a hard time breathing after I eat them (not guacamole though, for whatever reason.) And also, peanut butter doesn't do that to me. Actually, I take that back. It does make me feel a little funny after I eat it. But I always just considered that indigestion.. Any input...?

Default Re: Allergic to peanuts?

To be honest, I think you would know by now if you had an allergy. Each time you eat the food you're allergic to, the reaction gets worse (eg tingly lips first time, difficulty breathing the second time, full anaphylaxis the third time). And you have a reaction to the food no matter how it's served.

However, you may have some sort of intolerance. I find I feel gaggy when my reflux is playing up, and that can be triggered by certain foods. And it can be affected by how the foods are cooked.

Having said that, I would go and see your doctor, because if there's even a slight chance you're allergic and could go into anaphylactic shock, you need to carry an epipen!

I would DEFINITELY see your doctor! I'm anaphylactic to peanuts, and it started out with just an itching in my throat. If I'm even around them now, my chest tightens up. If I were to eat one, my throat would close. I actually have to go to an allergist for desensitization before it worsens to the point where I can't even be in the same room without a possibly-fatal reaction

Don't take any chances, find out if you are allergic, and takes steps to minimize your exposure. I don't mean to scare you at all, since you're obviously nowhere as bad as I am if it even is an allergy, but it's better to know!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

haha, didn't scare me at all so don't worry! I think I will go to the doctor soon, I need to get birth control, a pap & a prescription for xanax anyway. Also need to find out about stuff about vaginal infections sucks being a girl!!

Don't feel bad! I just had to do the pap/physical, depo shot, and prescription for ringworm (yay work!) in the last week. I feel your pain!

You may find these links helpful!