Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Post OT: Looking at Boarding Schools...

Lately, I've been looking into boarding schools. I don't really know why; I want to study somewhere new, meet some new people, have new experiences. I'm eager to do it. I know it's expensive. I've been talking to my mom about it a little; I don't know how she feels. She asked me about my friends and what I'd do, I said I'd miss them but we'd keep in touch, and I'd of course meet new people.

I'm not really sure where I want to go, somewhere in the US (even though I realize that'll be tricky since I'm from another country, but I'll see) and I even looked at Europe, but then I'd have to be looking at international schools unless I looked in France (I speak French fluently,).

I've always loved the idea of boarding school and I know people who have had and are having brilliant experiences with it. Is there anybody on here who has attended boarding school? I don't know why I'm so intrigued with having this experience. And it would probably be hard for my mom, not only with having to pay tuition but having me go off and live somewhere else where she's nowhere near. Obviously it's a big decision and I have a lot to think about. I'm only thirteen, fourteen in a few months.

So, what do you guys think. Do you think I'm insane, irrational? I'm not planning on being shipped of this year, if it does end up happening, not until ninth or tenth grade. I need to live my first high school year and then make the official decision, obviously.

There's no issues at school or anything; I've made so many new friends and I'm having a blast. I just think boarding school would be a phenomenal experience. I don't know. I'm really looking into it.

Default Re: OT: Looking at Boarding Schools...

I have never been to boarding school, but I have been to college and it can be a great experience. My friend went to boarding school, and she loved it. There is a lot more structure in a boarding high school than in a college. But, it seems like a good way to see other parts of the world, if you think you are ready for it!
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!