Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Really scared....CAMP.

This year i am required to go to camp. I have never slept away rom home especially not for 3 days. No phones and we are in a cabin with 2 teahcers and 10 other girls. we dont get to choose who. we also will not b making our bringing our own food and all the showers are shared. I am so scared and freaking out. I go WENDESDAY! ughhhhh please help. Any tips?

Default Re: Really scared....CAMP.

I went to camp for about 3 days back in 5th grade, it wasnt too bad. I wound up in a cabin with like 4 of my friends. We showered in swimsuits so it wasnt terribly akward -phew- lol. The food was pretty good, i was never sick although i heard the night they served us beans and fish people didnt like the fish. I ate the fish but not the beans ( i dont like them lol) but i heard like two cabins had girls that all had fp, they all claimed it was the beans. So i guess my advice would be to just relax and try to have fun just be careful with food if something doesnt seem right with it. Hope your camp expierence will be a good one!

take some sort of distraction with you......i know if i don't have a tv or videos around i can get quite nervous.....get some crossword puzzle books. or sodoku or something you can just stick in your bag with a pencil.......these will distract your mind if you get nervous.

as far as the food goes........i'd just try to eat light........

i'm sure you're going to be way too busy for emet to even show up......have fun......i would love a little vacation right now
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

yes get something to distract you or something comforting

I done a similar thing recently and went away for a long weekend, with yes my close friends but without my phone/family- the people i rely on. Im not really sure what got me through it, best way to be is to concentrate on everything else but *s***. It is hard but if you really keep yourself occupied it will help.

Another thing id suggest is maybe finding someone to talk about it or even rely on when you are away? Talking about things always help, even if they dont understand (which they rarely do, lets face it!)