Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default My son drank possibly sour milk!!

So we just got back from a week long vacation Saturday night. My son spent the day at my parents' yesterday. This morning there was a sippy cup full of milk in the fridge and i gave it to him. I thought my Mom filled it at their house and sent it home with him last night. He happily drank it and he's been fine all day. I said something about the milk to my husband just now and I realized it wasn't from my mom. It had been in the fridge all week while we were gone! I think I had filled it to take along on the trip but forgot. I looked at the jug (it was still in the trash) and it had a sell by date of 9/22. So I guess it was still ok since it was refrigerated right? He probably wouldn't have drank it if it was sour and probably would have been sick by now right?

Default Re: My son drank possibly sour milk!!

I'm sure it's fine. I just read something the other day that said milk was usually good for 7 days after the sell by date as long as it's been properly stored.