Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy Dorm life-panicking somewhat

Hey all sorry I haven't been posting on here as much-I moved into my college dorm a week ago Saturday. It's been great so far, I'm rooming with my two friends from high school and it couldn't be better.

However tonight is the first night since I've been gone that I've felt 'off' since I've been here. My stomach feels weirdly full and I'm stressed and panicked . I'm really afraid it's the start of something I've read that it can e the beginning stages of the sv* I'm so scared so so scared I'm away from home and normally that's my 'safe ' zone and I'm away from my mom who usually calms me down. Ugh what if I wake up sick?!? I'm so stressed now

Default Re: Dorm life-panicking somewhat

I hope you feel better by now. Sounds like you had some stress and the idea of being away from your safe place. You'll soon adjust and your dorm will feel like home away from home. When I'm away from home I like to have something with me that reminds me of home. I keep pictures close, a favorite blanket, posters ect. Remember to keep good hygiene while there, I know dorms can be very tight spaced and everyone lives under their own rules and cleanliness. Good luck in school and enjoy it while you're young!
    My Jacob makes life beautiful.

Default Re: Dorm life-panicking somewhat

i could not handle living in a dorm with all those parties going on!
    i go to community college. (but will continue at a 4 year school for my bachelors)