Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default How long does a SV last for ?

Two questions, first off:
    My friend was sick at home v* all day, but feels better now. She is coming to my party/ sleeping over on saturday ( it's currently tuesday) Will she still be contagious by then? But another part of this was that on saturday night, she got reallyyyyy drunk, but she didnt get the SV until monday morning. Do you think it was an SV, or alcohol poisoning maybe ?

Second, all of my friends have had a weird cold for about 2 weeks, it consisted of extreme fatigue, a cough, pain in sinuses, and just overall crappy. But today my friend told me that her sickness is getting worse, but now she is nauscous and her stomach is bugging her. DO you think this is a flu or do you think the pain/nausea could be from mucus ?

Default Re: How long does a SV last for ?

For the first question, if she had a stomach bug she can still shed the virus for up to 2 weeks after symptoms are gone. If this friend happens to take a bowel movement while at your party and doesn't wash her hands then she could be contagious. I think if she got drunk Saturday but didn't have a hangover and vomiting on Sunday then it was probably a virus. Most hangovers are clear by 24 hours after a drinking episode unless severe. For the friend with a weird cold, I've had this happen about half a year ago. I had such a bad cold that only got more severe as the days rolled by. She is probably nauseous from the mucus and weak immune system. She could have the flu if she has high fever, body aches and very weak. She doesn't sound like she has a stomach bug but you probably shouldn't come near her until she's feeling much better.
    My Jacob makes life beautiful.

Default Re: How long does a SV last for ?

This is so stressful, all of my friends and family have colds/ viruses, and were having a huge party on saturday. I was extremly excited, but not so much anymore. Im actually dreading it now ):

Thank you for the reply though !!