Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: vegatarianism

Default vegatarianism

i absolutley love food.meat included bt i am very paranoid abt all foods.i am thinking of becoming a vegatarian bcuz of my paranoia of salmonella and ecoli ect.the problem is ive heard that veggies can become contaminated by these bugs from the inside out from when the veggies were being grown.that really worries me.even in being a vegatarian u kant be safe.plus i notice be4 my food paranoia when i would eat only veggies i would feel hungry all the time versus when i would eat meat.any guidence on the topic

Default Re: vegatarianism

I have been a vegetarian for 15 years, not for emet or animal welfare reasons - I just dont like the texture of meat. I also raise my 3 children this way, Now a days there is no reason to go hungry if you are not eating meat - there are plenty of soya based products that are really versatile - i dont know where you live, but here in the uk they have even started doing vegetarian "fish". Plant products can contain bacteria, but as long as they are thoroughly washed it is quite unlikely that you would catch anything from it.xx

I've been veggie for 12 years and there is so much choice now, I love Quorn and their range is fantastic

I have been a vegetarian for almost a year mostly because I just don't like meat, never have, but I would tolerate it. I honestly wouldn't worry about contaminated vegetables, its extremely rare and when it does happen, the CDC is usually quick to respond to it. Just make sure you are getting your plant-based protein from soy products, nuts, etc. I still eat dairy and would eat eggs if they didn't make me so sick, so those are also good sources of protein if you choose to go the lacto-ovo vegetarian route.