Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation Really sick need help for my throat

I'm really sick right now with a bad cold or flu and my throat is what's bothering me most... It's scratchy and rough and it's such. A pain to breathe or swallow and it's making me nauseous... Does anybody have any good remedies besides hot water and salt because that never works for me and neither does ibuprofen or any drugs. Thanks so much

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

Default Re: Really sick need help for my throat

I'm really scared I will be sick tonight my stomach is weird and I feel like I might have d the worst part is the pain In my throat ugh

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

Hey! M sry u feel so bad I suggest some pepermint candies or chewing gum! Some with a strong taste of pepermint! It always helps these probs! And try to relax since u have the flu! I hope u'll get better soon!!!

Have you tried warm tea with honey? Also, the soothing cough drops like cepacol that are throat numbers might help also. I hope you start to feel better soon!
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Thanks guys... this morning my throat is worse! I'm not as nauseous anymore though, I realized that I'd had basically no food yesterday so when I put a fruit cup on my stomach that solved that. But this morning my throat is burning so bad not like acid reflux but it's super painful, I'm going to try some NeoCitran and hope it helps. Thank you!

Throat numbing sprays containing lidocaine really help me. You can get them OTC at pretty much any pharmacy. If it isn't getting better it might be a good idea to see a doctor for a throat culture/rapid strep test. I hope you're feeling better soon!
    Disclaimer: Any nutritional or health related advice I give is well intentioned and intended for general educational purposes only that may or may not apply to your personal health situation. It does NOT in any way, shape or form constitute as medical or dietetic advice. I am not your nutritionist and you are not my patient. Please discuss anything you may learn from any of my health related posts with your doctor and nutritionist prior to making any related changes.

Love me or hate me I am who I am. It isn't going to change. Don't confuse a succinct response or commitment to accuracy as being cavalier or patronizing.

Try Ricola cough drops, they are amazing. Also try peppermint tea, like celestial or a simple brand like that.

But also, you should try Emergen C or Zicam, to get rid of your sickness faster !

I'm too feeling unwell with the same type of thing. I think what the others said is good advice - I find that throat numbing sprays or cough drops that numb your throat really help. Hot drinks are nice too, and tea would help ease the nausea as well

Honey Honey Honey!! I literally drink the stuff when my throat is sore. It lubricates the throat, and contains good bacteria to help kill off whatever is irritating you.

Frozen cough drops are also a pretty fun choice. I like the Ricola with eucalyptus. Numbing sprays or drops are also a really good option, but if it hurts to speak without them, be cautious to not overuse your voice while you're numb.

Inhaling steam is a good way to make yourself feel better too. I don't have to pay for water, so I like to read a book in the bathroom while the shower is running as hot as it can go. A more cost effective way is to boil some water, then breathe in the steam. It'll help moisturize your throat, as well as clear up congestion. If you have Vicks Vapor Rub, stick it in the water and inhale that too!

I'm definitely with Barbie on getting checked for strep! If that is what you have, it'll go away much quicker with medication. I've had strep tons of times, and it totally sucks!

You may find these links helpful!

Ive had strep over 20 times, and i know exactly what it feels like. However whenever I go now, and they do the cotton swab test, i just walk out, i cant handle it ): so then im stuck with strep for 3 extra weeks