Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Cantaloupe Recall

Hey guys! I wanted to share this for you who eat cantaloupe! It's only ones from Jensen Farms that is effected, all other Cantaloupe is totally safe!

"Federal health officials said Wednesday more illnesses...may be linked to an outbreak of listeria in cantaloupe in coming weeks.

"The heads of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Food and Drug Administration said consumers who have cantaloupes produced by Jensen Farms in Colorado should throw them out. If they are not sure where the fruit is from, they shouldn't eat it.

"'If it's not Jensen Farms, it's OK to eat,' said Thomas Frieden, director of the CDC. 'But if you can't confirm it's not Jensen Farms, then it's best to throw it out.'"

Read the full story here: http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireS...-rise-14628172

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Cantaloupe Recall

how can you tell where it's from? this seems to be all across america.......we've had one death in north carolina from it already......i'm not buying it
    how i feel about emet

Just ask your store where they get their Cantaloupe from

The farm ships their cantaloupes all over the country. I live in New England and we don't seem to have any cases here, I think we must have a different supplier. If you're in doubt, just don't eat cantaloupe for a bit! Thats what I'm doing
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Yeah, the supplier ships to 25 states. Your store should know if they get their fruit from Jensen farms or not. No need to fret!

Thats a relief! I loveeee cantalope =w= lol
    Although here in california there's now contaminated romaine lettuce. Its contaiminated with the same thing the cantalope had, Lysteria. Just thought i'd give you guys a heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverrCaitlin View Post
    Thats a relief! I loveeee cantalope =w= lol
    Although here in california there's now contaminated romaine lettuce. Its contaiminated with the same thing the cantalope had, Lysteria. Just thought i'd give you guys a heads up!
    That stinks! I looked it up quick, it seems to only effect some of the romaine. "The recall covers product with a use by date of Sept. 29. The bag and box code is B256-46438-8."

That way nobody has to worry

Source: http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_19006497

saw last night on the news that lysteria can take up to 70 days to show up in a person........they are telling people who feel sick with these symptoms to thing back to what they ate last summer.........that's just crazy....glad i skipped the canteloupe this year....
    how i feel about emet

Quote Originally Posted by olschesky View Post
    saw last night on the news that lysteria can take up to 70 days to show up in a person........they are telling people who feel sick with these symptoms to thing back to what they ate last summer.........that's just crazy....glad i skipped the canteloupe this year....
    Well that's scary! I definitely had cantaloupe this summer. But...I'm just gonna hope there was no lysteria in it!
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Yeah NPR was saying 30 days, that people were being asked about 3 weeks ago. I wonder which one it is?

Regardless, I'm sure we're all fine. I love cantaloupe

this is exactly why im afraid of grocery stores.i always worry il buy a product eat it and it gets recalled.now they are saying it could take 3 weeks 4 symptoms to show.i guess my 48 hour rule is out the window now

Cantaloupe is LUSH- sorry if this sounds really really dumb! But how can a fruit get infected if it's got a hard skin type shell around the actual fruit? I just read about it online && apparently it says that around 16 people have died from this....

X
    2010 && 2011 the years I met Gok Wan

Helena Bonham Carter <3

Lets slap Emet in the face. . .

Follow My Blog

i was wondering the same thing.its all so scarey

I went yeaaaars without eating cantaloupe (just never got around to it, heh) and I started eating it this year. I'm in Colorado and get most of my fruit from Whole Foods, so it sucked to read that it was organic (I think?) cantaloupe that was recalled. Seriously, I go out of my way to get organic so that I don't have to worry about this stuff. *sigh* :\

i think the listeria is on the skin of the canteloupe........cause on the news they said to really scrub before eating.........

read a story on yahoo news this morning about some of the people who got listeria......sounds horrible....not just the v part......seems to effect their minds as well.....

so scrub your fruits
    how i feel about emet

I had not eaten Canteloupe at all this whole year pretty much, until about 2-3 weeks ago i had some at a resturant and the very next day i heard about this recall. I freaked out and i think i posted a thread on here about it. But what i had heard on the news is that it came from a completely different place in colorado than Jensen Farms. I dont remember where they were saying it came from (i think its in my thread), but that scares me evenmore...so i wouldnt eat ANY. So i guess ill be waiting for symtoms to show... now im scared again...

This makes me happy that I don't eat cantaloupe!
    Food recalls are so scary!