Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Post Hello new to this site

Hello my name is Sky.
    I just decided to go on the web and see if what I have been experiencing since I was a kid was something that was common. Ever since I was little I go into full force panic if I get nausea. Going through vomiting does not scare me as much as the actual feeling of nausea.
    Just recently about a few days ago I came down with the flu and it had been the first time I had thrown up in years.
    My boyfriend does not know how to comfort me because he does not become completely terrified if he feels sick to his stomach.
    Although I am 19 the only thing that really comforts me when I feel like this is if I am with m mother. Sadly. I want to be able to break free of this and not be in terror anymore.

That is why I thought I would introduce myself and say what a relief it is to know that I am not alone with this struggle.

Default Re: Hello new to this site

Welcome! I too find comfort in this site knowing I'm not the only one with this horrible phobia!!

Default Re: Hello new to this site

welcome this site has totally helped me......i think knowing that i'm not alone in this makes it alot easier. you could have your boyfriend read the information section of this site.....really helped me when i was trying to explain to my husband.......

good luck and hope you find us helpful
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.