Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default 24 hour panic, dont see how I can escape this one.. HELP PLEASE!

Really need some support and calming now, been in non-stop uncontrollable state of anxiety and panic for last 24 hours now.

I work in nurseries teaching fitness and yesterday at 1.30pm went into a nursery where I teach 2 30 minute classes in two different rooms for two different age groups. On the door to the first room, it said confirmed cases of s* and d*. I just froze and was so tempted to run but I forced myself to go in. I spoke to one of the staff members who said that it began Thursday or Friday last week (I had been in last Wednesday also) and that many children had had it and nearly all the staff too, but that the staff had had to come in because otherwise there would be no one to care for the children. I asked if she thought it was coming to the end of it now and she said she thought so but there was still 4 children off today. I am very conscious of hygiene obviously but for that class, was so careful to avoid touching the floor and at the most, had to touch some of the childrens hands but washed and sanitised afterwards. I am absolutely terrified that I am going to catch this bug, and my panic is literally convincing me that I feel rubbish.

Last night I went out to a thai restaurant with a guy i am seeing and his family. #recently i have been experiencing some IBS symptoms and flare ups. I had a fairly mild thai green chicken curry and a lamb/beef and chicken skewer, but I dont normally eat lamb/beef but i didnt want to be rude. The meat was quite pinky so I didnt eat all of it. A couple of hours after I could already feel the effect it was having on my tummy and I had very loose bm last night but took an Immodium this morning and some Milk of Magnesia for the stomach discomfort and I hope all is okay on that front although not eaten much tod

Still feeling a bit off and am very tired from lack of sleep due to worrying, but have been on/off panic attacks for 24 hours or so now, and I would really like some reassurance on the likelihood of me catching this bug, especially as it seemed very contagious even for the adult staff.

I feel like for having a nice evening last night or if I have a good moment, i this will be the punishment. Today I also crashed into another, my bed broke.. could this be the third thing in a row of bad things?

Rapid responses appreciated please, can't handle this anymore!

Default Re: 24 hour panic, dont see how I can escape this one.. HELP PLEASE!

nausea has kicked in, for a second thought that was actually it, but not sure if its panic or not. feel paralysed by fear and cant think, dont know what to do, this cant happen!

I'd be terrified too so i understand how scared to death you feel but as i am calm i can say that as long as you wash your hands you can't digest it. I don't usually care about germs on clothes but in this case i would wash them as well.

i know you have reasons to be freaking out, but i think this is your mind getting the best of you. you know you were in a bad situation and you are thinking of the worst outcomes. how do you feel now ?

Oh, I'm so sorry! But as you washed your hands after going into the nursery I don't think you could have caught it. I suppose the staff caught it as they were changing nappies etc. I doubt anyone who was there yesterday when you were there was ill. Lamb and beef can look a bit pink and still be fine - even fully-cooked chicken is not always white in fact. I think you're experiencing panic. Hope you feel much better soon xxx

thankyou everyone, yes I was okay another new panic now, this phobia is so exhausting :'( xx