Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Hello, I'm New to this!!

Hello,

My name is Andrea and I am 28 years old. I have been suffering as a Emet since I was about 10 years old. I am not sure what caused this. I did some research online and was suprised how common this is. I really thought I was alone. I almost feel embarrassed about this. I have never told anyone about my ridiculous fear. What really gets me confused is that V** is a common body function. WHY am I so afraid of this??? I want to get over this. I am determined to not let this control my life and I am looking for any insight. How can I get over this?? GOD Bless us all!!

Default Re: Hello, I'm New to this!!

Hi Andrea, welcome to IES and I hope you can find some answers to your questions. I felt so much relief the day I googled my fear of vomiting and discovered a name for it. I discovered this website shortly after and actually had a laugh. This fear isn't funny but I laughed when I read the common traits of an emetophobe and it matched me perfectly. I would also like to get over it, vomit should be the last of our worries and it sucks living our lives wasting precious hours concerned about being sick or others being sick. I don't have any good advice on how to over come the phobia but I hope you find some help or insight here or else where.
    My Jacob makes life beautiful.

Default Re: Hello, I'm New to this!!

dont be embarrassed. here or anywhere else. let the world know.
    it isnt our fault and talking about it really helps.