Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Anyone have a safezone?

Anyone besides me have a safezone? I am generally anxiety free in my house.. its when I leave that I start to freak out! I have noticed that I can't travel anywhere without feeling anxious but there are destinations that make me comfortable.. for example, I hate care rides but when I go visit my mother in law, shes 20 min away, the drive sucks but when I get there and relax, im all good again. My safe zone is to a town 10 min north of me and a town 20 min south of me.. I havent attempted to go any farther in more then 6 months. Next week im going to a 2 day concert that is more then an hour away and just thinking about it makes my heart flutter.. yikes!

Default Re: Anyone have a safezone?

I feel most safe at home which I think we all do for the most part. I've gotten over the safe zone for the most part. I tend to freak out about going on trips or eating out with people who I have to ride back home with afterwards. My ex Mother in law is coming to visit to see my son mostly. She has plans for all of us to drive an hour away to her favorite hamburger place and I don't want to at all. I can't imagine a burger being that good and I don't want to be full and trapped in a car. I know your anxiety and living like this is just annoying.
    My Jacob makes life beautiful.

I am the same way in my house. Whenever I get n* (which is often) i usually just hop in the shower. But if I'm at school, or in the car, or at a restaurant, or with my friends, I'm not safe and it scares me! But when I'm at home it's a lot easier to deal with.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i actually feel safe out of the house.i live with alot of ppl and i worry that they contaminate the house.at least outside if my hands touch somethn i wash them.in my house every1 touches everything and i kant bleach everything and i kant wash my hands over and over.if i had my own place i would almost be anxiety free.i mostly worry abt family getting me sick.

I woke up in the middle of the night feeling n* and tried so hard to keep myself calm.. I basically said to myself "this is it, it's going to happen and you're going to be fine" It was the closest ive come to v* in nearly 10 years and I was really proud of myself for staying calm. Luckily, it didn't happen and I was able to go back to sleep! If I were anywhere but my own house, I would have been a mess. Im glad I had my husband right by my side.. even though he kept moving and throwing me off lol He tried to rub my stomach but for me, that just make it worse! Lol

I definitely feel safer outside of my house too. I live with my dad, and I'm always scared that he's contaminating the whole house. I'm constantly washing my hands. If I lived alone, I'd be much better. I was making brownies earlier today and my dad wanted to help, and I wouldn't let him. I didn't want him touching anything. I know he doesn't wash his hands very often. I think the place I feel safest is my boyfriends house. He's very clean and very understanding of my feelings. Maybe that's just me though. Lol.

i hate any time i have to spend out of my house. its the only spot i feel safe and where i know there are people who can help me calm down when im having one of my many anxiety attacks. school terrifies me, church terrifies me, even my grandparents' house terrifies me. why this is i dont know. but for some reason (if the car isnt going to school or church or something), i feel really safe in the car. it's weird. it may be partially because i know if i feel n* or something i can open the window and the cool air will help me get through it. and it might also be because when we're in the car my mom cant tell me, "you're fine, now go away." lol! she's stuck reassuring me the whole car ride. it makes her mad but it makes me feel so much better just to hear her say, "you're fine, you're fine, you're fine" every time i ask, even though it does absolutely nothing if i tell it to myself.

My room with the door closed. Pretty much being alone is my safe zone

I don't really have a safe zone. Unfortunately, anytime I feel nauseated, I never feel 'safe'. However, if I try to self induce vomiting, I feel 'safest' outside in my backyard. I like being alone when I feel ill. It's less embarrassing for me. When I had a terrible dry heaving episode, I went to my bedroom so I could lean outside the window and my boyfriend insisted on coming with me because he wanted to be there for me, but I insisted that he stay away! HA Then at the hospital, I kept heaving in front of everyone. I was mortified! D:

Mine would be at home in my bedroom but it depends if there is illness anywhere, if there is someone ill at home and I go to school, then I feel safe there, so i guess my 'safezone' would be anywhere that nobody is ill.

I don't suffer from emetophobia too bad anymore but when it was bad I only felt safe when I was just walking around the streets not touching anything. I also felt kind of safe in my room but not in the rest of my house though. I live with my parents and my sister so that means heaps of germs!

My safezone used to be at my house, but I moved out 6 months ago, and I don't feel safe at "home" anymore. I feel safe in my new home, not where my parents life. I have always gotten sick at home, and therefore it brings back bad memories for me.. I can't stay home for long at all without being scared.. It's sad, because it is hard for me to visit my parents now that I don't feel safe there..