Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thumbs down Lived with Emetophobia all my life.

I'm new to this site and just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Saliena, I've lived with Emetophobia all my life, my case is very extreme. As I type this, I have going through a minor emet attack, I'm handling quite well though. I didn't realize so many people were just like me, or suffered with some of the same problems. It kind of makes me happy, but also sad that so many others have to go through with it.
    My Emetophobia has taken over my life.
    I go through at least 2 panic attacks a day.
    I've developed OCD with germs due to this.
    I don't eat out.
    I won't eat anything, unless I've seen the person cook it.
    I will hardly eat meat.
    I take about 8 anti-nausient pills a day.
    I've gotten sick once in my whole life.
    I've almost had to be rushed to the hospital several times due to attacks.
    When anyone in my family is sick, I have to go stay somewhere else.
    I won't use public transportation due to germs, and others getting sick.
    And the list goes on and on.
    That's my Emetophobia, I thought I'd share.

Default Re: Lived with Emetophobia all my life.

Hey! My name is Megan! Im new to this site too and im glad I found it. I dont have anyone who really undertsand my situation. I have lived with Emetophobia my whole life as well. I have a two year old daughter and everytime I think shes going to be sick I run away. I wish this would go away it ruins my life. Ive been to thearpy, tired medications, nothing seems to work. I stay up all night sometimes sitting by the tilet because im scared im going to throw up and want to be ready just in case. I have never been drunk and usually wont have more than one drink because i dont want to throw up. If someone is sick I will run away and I wont eat for dies in fear that I am going to get it. I have only thrown up a number of times in my life. Its nice to meet you! Im excited to meet and share things with people who know what im going through.

Hey guys! Im Mandy Ive known about my emetophobia for 4 years but believe ive had it for much longer then that.. it just didn't take over my life like it has now! I haven't thrown up in 10 years but for the last 6 months, ive felt anxious and sick basically every day. I had an inicident with my Dad in Jaunary that ruined me and blew my emetophobia up! He was sick and I was driving him to the pharmacy to pick up his medicine and he got sick all of the car! I freaked and drove about 90 mph home with my head out the window because I couldnt breathe! It was horrible and literally ruined my life! Since then, ive gotten fired from my job because ive called in sick too many times. I almost lost my marriage. I carry a plastic bag where ever I go just in case, I don't eat after 7pm because i fear my stomach not digesting in a timely matter and ill wake up in the middle of the night and have to throw up. I hardly eat out.. i can but it makes me very anxious. I wash my hands all the time and have hand sanitizer everywhere! But through all of that, I know I can beat this Im new too and have found comfort in this site already. Just knowing you're not the only crazy one, helps!

Hey guys! I'm Naketa,and I to have emetophobia,since I was about 10,and I'm 29,so I know first hand at how this phobia works,but its weird how its symptoms vary in each individual,my symptoms are somewhat different than others,but my thing is I think it would be better to be able to actually talk to someone that has it as well,my friends don't understand,so I want ever say anything,but this site is awesome,I just figure that it would be cool to actually talk to a person that goes through exactly what u do,so with that being said my emet friends, inbox me,and maybe we can exchange numbers,ttyl:-)
    It starts with you!

I'm like you Mandy! I feel I'll, almost cause I make mused ffel that way. I'm tired of allowing myself to get nervous and stuff.... If anyone wants to be friends on facebook, add me! http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1087800011