Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Probiotics

Default Probiotics

My doctor has instructed me to start taking probiotic acidophilus pills (sorry if that was spelled wrong). I took the first one today. Does anybody have experience taking them? Were there any gastric side effects when you first started taking them?
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Default Re: Probiotics

I've been taking them for months and experienced no side effects. I've never heard of anyone having side effects from them either, and don't see how they could cause side effects

Good! Have you had any noticeable improvement in feeling better and healthier in your intestines?

It wasn't something that happened over night, but over time I realize that I'm feeling better. Also, if I don't take them for a few days, I notice that I'll have more cramping, ect.

I take them and they really help! They are also great for your immune system. My husband and 2 kids all got a cold and I was the only one not to get it. Even with both kids sneezing in my face!

I also have started taking them in hopes that it will help my stomach issues. Do most people with emetophobia have stomach/digestive issues?
    "We have to learn to be our own best friends because we fall too easily into the trap of being our own worst enemies."

Yes, but I'm not sure why. It's kind of a chicken/egg situation, which came first? I know in my case the phobia came first, then the stomach issues. Another factor might be that the stomach is greatly affected by stress, and a lot of stomach problems do arise in stressful situations. And let's face it, we're all stressed a lot

Very true spilled_milk. My phobia came first as well and we know all too well what happens to our stomachs when panic strikes! Lol! and it makes everything worse! You're stressed out, you panic, your stomach starts freaking out and then all of a sudden, its like you're gonna die!

I have emetophobia, but emetophobia does not have me!
    "We have to learn to be our own best friends because we fall too easily into the trap of being our own worst enemies."

I take sustinex tummies. They taste good and help!