Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Having a panic attack :(

Hey guys. I moved into college a little over a month ago and have had to confront my fears of V* many times, but right now it's hitting a little bit too close to home.

My roommate who I share a bathroom with (who knows about my phobia) knocked on my door and told me to not freak out but she was going into the bathroom not feeling well. She said she's dizzy and feels like she's gonna throw up, etc. She didn't v* but went back in her room and is still feeling sick. She doesn't know if it's what she had for dinner or if she's getting a virus. She mentioned that her salad tasted weird. The lettuce did look a little bit brown around the edges but even I had some (with ranch as well) and it tasted fine to me. I'm afraid if it was the salad then I'll get sick too. She then also said she thinks it might have been her clam chowder she ate, which I didn't eat. I hope that's the case. My stomach kind of hurt but I've burped and felt fine. My belief is I had too many cookies and milk :P I also feel nauseous when I'm having a panic attack, which I am. I'm making myself think that I'm going to get sick too. I asked my other two roomies if I could use their bathroom tonight and tomorrow, but I don't know what to do, I don't wanna leave my room at all because I'm so scared, and I'm shaking

Default Re: Having a panic attack :(

Try and relax. You need to breathe, just lay back, close your eyes and breathe deep. You will know soon enough if she has food poisoning or if its a bug. Food poisoning is usually violent and a virus is not. Just keep your hands clean. I hope you feel better.. anxiety feeds on nauseous and d* so if you take away the anxiety, you will probably feel better. Easier said then done I know, but it doesn't hurt to try and get your anxiety level down! Good luck
    "We have to learn to be our own best friends because we fall too easily into the trap of being our own worst enemies."

Thanks CrazyGirl! I think I've stopped having a panic attack, but I also took some medicine that I find chills me out. I hope she's not sick! I think once she goes back in her room I'll sneak out, brush my teeth, and curl up in bed! Tomorrow I'm going to drink grapejuice like crazy

Just kidding my panic attack is back because she's actually throwing up now.

If its a stomach virus, the only way you can catch it is if you get the germs on your hands and touch your mouth so washing your hands before you eat most importantly should help you! Good luck, and I hope she feels better soon!
    "We have to learn to be our own best friends because we fall too easily into the trap of being our own worst enemies."

it sounds like it was just something she ate.

Deffinetly just wash your hands! You'll be ok