Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: are u like me?

Question are u like me?

hey guys!
    so i was wondering if anyone is like me...
    my anxiety usually incresases when i think of the futur tasks, i mean when i think about what i have to do in the futur hours or days... i picture it!
    like when i'm on a break in university and think of where i'll be the next hour (class), the course, the teacher, the students,... i feel anxious and wouldnt wanna attend! and its causing me big problems bcz my attendance is going down:/ any advices????

Default Re: are u like me?

Hey!
    Yes, I am like that in way. I often think about having to eat in a few hours and that makes me very anxious. Sometimes when I think ahead of classes or something else that is scheduled it does make me anxious and I sometimes don't go. I think if this is a new thing for you and I, we could just hit the nail on the head and stop this tiny part of anxiety now. It's terrible how this effects so many aspects of our lives. I wish you the very best, somewhere out there, there is hope.

Hey thanks for your reply! You know I read in a treatment that we should live in the moment! We shouldn't think about the next day,hour, and even minute. We should try that! Gd luck

I do that at work, like if I have to go to a different house (I work in a group home with dd individuals) but I get nervous if i have to move, or do something else. I don't handle change well.

Read "Power of Now" it has helped me heaps, you live in the moment and it just makes you so much better