Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Please help!

Default Please help!

Last night, my husband went out to the bar to watch a game with a couple of his buddies. They drank a little more at our place and then his friends left. Around 8 or 8:30, he fell asleep. He woke up at 9 and was in the bathroom for a little bit and then fell back to sleep on the couch. At 10, he woke up again and was in the bathroom for a very long time. When he came out, he said that he had v*ed and felt like death. He was able to go to bed and at 2:45am, I woke up and heard the TV on in the living room. I fell back to sleep and when I woke up for work, he had already gone to work. I thought everything was fine. I sent him a text at 7am and asked if he was alive. He walked in the door about 5 minutes later and said that he had never felt so horrible. He told me that he couldn't even keep water down and also had d* and said he was freezing. He also told me that he wasn't so sure that it was from the alcohol. I asked him how much he drank and he told me he had almost 4 tall beers at the bar and 2 or 3 shots of tequila when he got home. He's a big guy... 6'3" & 220lbs and drank less than his friends, who said they feel perfectly fine today. He told me that the last time he v*ed was around 4am. So he was sick from about 10pm to 4am. He hadn't eaten until he got to the bar, so I'm hoping that had something to do with why he is so sick. I was coping ok with it until I got to work this morning. Right after I arrived, I had d*. I also have IBS-D, so I'm hoping that this is a coincidence and that I have just gotten myself so worked up it caused me to have d*. I am panicking at this point and can hardly stand to be at work. It is taking everything in me to be here right now. Please, I need some reassurance and quick!!!!!!!!!

Default Re: Please help!

I would assume that it was the alcohol, regardless of how much he usually drinks. Alcohol can be funny that way...so many variables..how much he ate and when etc. I would think that...but just make sure to take all the usual precautions(washing hands etc.) so that you don't suffer from any unneeded stress.

Oh, and I'm sure the *D you had was stress. I have IBS as well and all it takes is a little stress and I'm in the bathroom!

Thank you so much for your response! I really appreciate it. I talked to him a little while ago and he said he's feeling better. He still hasn't v*ed since 4 am. I feel like he would have been sick longer if it were a s*v*. He was only sick for about 6 hours total. I'm sticking to the alcohol theory as well. I hope we're right! I'm still taking all of the usual precautions and hoping for the best. Also, my d* hasn't been around for about 5 hours now, so I agree that it was probably my IBS. I'm still a bit anxious about the whole thing, but not quite panicking like I was earlier.

I'm glad to hear you all are feeling better!