Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Culturelle thoughts?

I have been wondering if there is anyone else out there that thinks the way i do. I think that other than my emet I am a fairly healthy person. Of course i catch things, an occassional cold, sometimes a SV...but for the most part i sail through. My mind works a little too deeply i think. My friends suggested that i start taking culturelle to keep me healthy. Is this one of those things that once you start you have to continue in order to stay healthy? I guess i am afraid of messing up the way i am now. I dont catch every sv that goes around, if i start the culturelle then stop will i start catching everything? Am i making my immune system weak by supporting it with the culturelle? I am worried because i am moving out of the country for 3 years and am not sure if i can get culturelle overseas. If i cant then is it a bad idea to start now? IS this making any sense?

Default Re: Culturelle thoughts?

What does SV mean?

Default Re: Culturelle thoughts?

Paprika, SV* is a abbreviation for stomach virus that some people use on the boards.

I don't take Culturelle specifically, but I take another generic brand probiotic acidophilus supplement. It keeps your digestive system healthy, I don't think it does anything for colds. It definitely won't make your immune system weak if you stop. It keeps your digestive system balanced, and restores good bacteria to your intestines. It doesn't really do anything to your immune system, so your immunity should remain the same. I don't know anything about availability in other countries, but I feel like in another country like the UK it would be readily available. If not, you can definitely order it online.
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!