Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default How to get Zofran?

When I had my wisdom teeth out, two weeks ago, they gave me a few Zofran just to be safe after my anesthesia. I only have three left, but I feel so much more comfortable knowing that I have them. When I run out, I think I'm going to be really nervous. Does anyone know a way that I could get a prescription for more? If I explain my situation to my doctor, is it possible that they'll give me more? Or should I not bother? Thank you for your help!

Default Re: How to get Zofran?

It's very possible....it is not a controlled substance and does not have a high potential for abuse. The worst you'd get is constipation and (for emets) psychological dependency if you aren't hard on yourself about only using them in an "emergency" instead of everytime you feel anxious. It sounds like you use them responsibly as do most emets and most patients. Give it a try...unless he;s old school and thinks you actually need to get rid of the virus by vomiting there's at least a 50/50 chance you'll get a prescription. You could even say just for a few pills in case you get sick.

Yeah I don't take it every time I feel anxious. I just use it when I REALLY feel like I'm going be sick. I don't see myself ever abusing it or becoming dependent. I just feel more comfortable knowing that I have it. Thank you!

I told my dr how I experience nausea and am scared to vomit. She gave me an rx. I only take it if I feel like it'll happen. Cause a side effect of it is feeling like a zombie te next day.