Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation very scared anyone around?

My daughter just got verrrry sick. I'm afraid it's going to be a long night. I thought I had my phobia under control but I'm struggling right now and my husband does'nt want to talk about it because he has work stress, ect.
    \"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans\"-John Lennon

Default Re: very scared anyone around?

so sorry to hear about your daughter not sure how long ago you posted this but how is she feeling now? If you need to talk or vent about it I'm here to listen

I really wish someone was there. I have'nt been on in this site in about 3 years. I thought I was cured. Mabey I still am, IDK. You see, I got a stomach bug back then and I realized something very important. The virus is in NO WAY as bad as the fear. That's it, that is as simple as the cure to emotophobia. I know some of you (if anyone reads this) will be shaking your heads and saying "No Way!" But it's true. Turns out, my body know exactly what it needed to do without any interferance from my brain and all it's negative thoughts and "what if's" and every bad thing that comes with a fear as strong as a phobia. After that, I was a new person. I got a job-at a school of all places. And I was around v* and sick kids and would'nt you know it, my kids rarely got sick after that. All those sleepless nights and winters I could'nt take them on play dates or comfort them when they were sick. But I had to experience it naturally for myself, it's just something that can't be told to you. So why am I here now? I'm afraid. I'm afraid she is going to get up again and be ill again, I'm afraid of calling in tomorow or my husband having to call in if he gets it. I'm afraid to let my mom down if I get it and can't take her to do her errands Thursday, I'm afraid I'll have to cancell plans I have for this weekend. And I'm ashamed to say some of the old fears are creeping back in. I'm afraid I did'nt clean it all up and tracked some germs on my feet into bed. I'm afraid to catch it, it's true. Life has been very stressfull and stress makes my anxiety reeeally kick into kigh gera and I'm afraid this is coming at a time I won't be strong enough to remember what I already know. What if I get fired from my job. I've already called in two weeks ago twice because of stress and I lied and said it was(drum roll please....) a stomach bug! Mabey it's karma biting me in the butt, all I know is I'm scared

I'm so sorry to hear all of this, I wish you were having a better night! You seem like SUCH a strong person, though.. being able to practically overcome your emet, get a job in a school and take something positive away from a stomach virus. We all have setbacks though, when your emet wants to creep back in and take over. Remember the things you first told yourself after you had that stomach virus, "it's in no way as bad as the fear." This isn't meant to sound harsh in anyway but then why are you afraid now? Don't get me wrong, I would be too but think of all the previous times you got through it whether it be yourself, your children, or with your job. I'm sure all the stress you mentioned isn't helping the situation any but I'm sure you won't get fired from your job! As long as you cleaned up good and practice good hand hygiene I'm sure everything will be fine Have some tea and try to relax and I hope your daughter starts feeling better soon xox

I don't know why I'm so scared now. Part of it is the not knowing if I'll get it, If anyone else in the family will get it? Will my weekend plans get ruined? Will I dissapoint everyone if I get sick and can't do everything? Also the contamination. We have carpeting, droplets went everywhere and I feel like just walking around my apartment, I'm contaminating every room. I did'nt get to sleep until after 2;30 and woke at 5;30. She was'nt sick again and felt well enough to have a little cup of jello. I'm afraid to eat anything. My laundry room is closed today(figures) so I can't clean her bedding or the bathroom rugs and they are just sitting there, in my mind festering with all these germs. I want to go clean my bathroom again...