Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Wish I could sleep

So about two weeks ago I caught a head cold just runny stuffy nose. Then it led to a cough and I was handling it all ok I didn't feel great but I didn't feel that bad. But Friday I had alot of running around to do but when it came night time I started to feel nauseous and then came extreme body cramps. Now everyday I wake up and feel ok start moving around but then I get sweaty and dizzy and the fever comes back. I haven't really ate because food just does not appeal to me and it's hard to drink liquids because my stomach feels liqified. Right now I have a headache. I don't know what to do I'm so scared of being sick. I get sick my tummy gets upset and then I start thinking everybody is sick, and I have such a emet fear. Has anybody had a cold that turned into a flu? How did you cope with n*?

Default Re: Wish I could sleep

So here I am again. It's nighttime so I'm freaking out more. I'm not sleepy so I can wait for my "safe time". I didn't feel too bad today my temp stayed around 99. Had to do some shopping so I drank a nutritional drink and headed out. Came home, well last week my boys dumped too many pellets in the turtle tank and it's been sitting cuz I been sick. Even though my nose can't smell right the smell was making me n*. So I cleaned it out. But here it is 11 and my tummy feels warm and funny and my fever is back up and I'm completely freaking out. Everything says influenza lasts 4-7 days but Im creeping up to week 3. I'm at my wits end. Any advice would help I can't handle this.

Wait, has this been going on for 3 weeks?? You need to go see a doctor if that is the case. One thing is that if you might not be giving your body time to rest, so that might be prolonging whatever your body needs to fight off (possibly even allergins I assume); but to be on the safe side, you need to see a doctor to find out why your fever is so persistant. Hang in there, but please do not avoid seeing a doctor because you are afraid of getting sick.... I know I right there with ya sometimes.... but for your better benifet in the end, you need medical advice (I not a doctor so take everything I say with a grain of salt lol) wishing you the best!!!

I entirely agree, you need to go to the doctors. You do not sound like you have been entirely rested, so hopefully that is it. But you should get checked out for more serious things. Btw, could it be alleriges ?

Finally went to the doctor yesterday. I didn't plan on going but I asked my sons stepmom to watch all my boys so I can go. Turns out I have pneumonia and I'm really anemic. The doctor couldnt believe I've been sick that long. I thought I'd be through it by now. It's hard for me to keep up with the treatment cuz it seems about 2 hours after I take my Mede I feel really queasy. That's how I am right now queasy and tired but I can't sleep feeling like this  i just wish it would go away.

Wait ! Can you describe to me your exact symptoms ? Please, because I feel like this is happening to me. Last week i felt like I was developing a head cold, then I started getting achey and fatigue. Then these past 3 days I've stopped eating, because my stomach is killing me, like sv type pains. I only had a fever once though. Overall its been a week, and it keeps getting worse.

Mine started out like a head cold. I had a stuffy nose for a few days then developed a little cough but every time I moved around I got really hot and sweaty. Eventually I just ached all over, headaches, couldn't eat or drink. I kept coughing up phlegm but I couldn't get it out so I had to swallow it back down. Fevers everyday from 99-102. Hardly slept when I did go to bed I sweated so bad the bed was always wet then I'd freeze. Constant chills then my chest and arms started to hurt real bad from coughing. I let it go for almost 4 weeks until I went to the doctor and they just told me I was really anemic and had pneumonia. I still feel bad I can't take my antibiotics cuz they make me sick so I dont know what to do. Still not really eating. But it's mostly fear because everytime I eat I get queasy so I just rather not eat. Good luck. The only way to tell for sure is see the doctor. I know I avoided it too I hate doctors offices so gross and unsanitary.

Hmm mine sounds different, because I have no cough, and no extreme fever. Thanks though, I help you do feel better !

I hope both of you are feeling better Always see a doctor or call if it persists over a week or is really bad is my rule of thumb

my mom doesnt like taking me to a doctor, because my doctor usually just gives natural ways to cure things, and acts like it isnt a big deal.